MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I heart Geocaching - Lab Caches
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayberryman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:
Is it only me, or do others think this might be something 13 year olds might enjoy. About the lamest video I've seen in a while

Sorry you think my video is "lame."
Haha, no love for fellow MN geocachers?

Wink

I suspect he was referring to the lab caches being lame.. that's what the rest of us are ranting about anyway.

Ha ha... om now I feel better. Thank Bart.
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Publishing Lab Cache Reply with quote

After reading thru everything it looks as if you have to contact Groundspeak to publish one? Is that correct?
Gat R Done
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently a banner ad displaying on the website with this link: http://www.geocaching.com/iheartgeocaching/?utm_source=heartbanner&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bannernoimage

It's also my understanding that Premium members will get an email with the information.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it appears it won't fill a white calendar day? Or it might in the future. hmmm might be worth doing it if it will eventually fill in the day.
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Lab Cache completed Reply with quote

Gat was correct. I received an email today and was able to set up a Lab Cache in about 2 minutes. Super easy to do. Kinda a neat idea depending on the direction Groundsoeak takes it
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lab Cache completed Reply with quote

seeingitdifferent wrote:
Gat was correct. I received an email today and was able to set up a Lab Cache in about 2 minutes. Super easy to do. Kinda a neat idea depending on the direction Groundsoeak takes it

I see a lab cache find on your statistics, but not a lab cache hidden. Any idea why that is?
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when someone set up one-time-only caches in the past and caught a ton of flack for it. Why does my post say ringbone?
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayberryman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:
Is it only me, or do others think this might be something 13 year olds might enjoy. About the lamest video I've seen in a while

Wink

I suspect he was referring to the lab caches being lame.. that's what the rest of us are ranting about anyway.

We just saw the video on your vlog and it was a very neat cache. Nothing lame about it and well done. Nice job dcdoc
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:

Wink

We just saw the video on your vlog and it was a very neat cache. Nothing lame about it and well done. Nice job dcdoc

To clarify, I think the idea of a temporary cache for one person is in direct violation of Groundspeak's overall guidelines and I think THAT is the lame part. I subscribe to the vlogs and would never squash someone's creativity.
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious if anyone 1) placed any lab caches and/or 2) found any lab caches during the month?

I considered doing both, but it looked like a lot of work with no gain (and from the fact that it would actually screw up your stats, it seemed like more of a liability).
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copaman wrote:
I was just curious if anyone 1) placed any lab caches and/or 2) found any lab caches during the month?

I considered doing both, but it looked like a lot of work with no gain (and from the fact that it would actually screw up your stats, it seemed like more of a liability).

Near as I can tell, it didn't mess with my stats. I got a new icon that acts like a benchmark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: