MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I heart Geocaching - Lab Caches
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mayberryman
Geocacher


Joined: 11 Oct 2008

Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:
Is it only me, or do others think this might be something 13 year olds might enjoy. About the lamest video I've seen in a while


Sorry you think my video is "lame."
Haha, no love for fellow MN geocachers?

Wink


I suspect he was referring to the lab caches being lame.. that's what the rest of us are ranting about anyway.


Ha ha... om now I feel better. Thank Bart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Jun 2009

Posts: 98

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Publishing Lab Cache Reply with quote

After reading thru everything it looks as if you have to contact Groundspeak to publish one? Is that correct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gat R Done
Minnesota Reviewer


Joined: 29 Dec 2011

Posts: 39

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently a banner ad displaying on the website with this link: http://www.geocaching.com/iheartgeocaching/?utm_source=heartbanner&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bannernoimage

It's also my understanding that Premium members will get an email with the information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmnrec
MnGCA Board


Joined: 17 Mar 2005

Posts: 544

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it appears it won't fill a white calendar day? Or it might in the future. hmmm might be worth doing it if it will eventually fill in the day.
_________________
Effective parks and recreation facilities do not just happen on their own. They require professional care and financial support to keep them clean, safe and suitable for the community they serve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Jun 2009

Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Lab Cache completed Reply with quote

Gat was correct. I received an email today and was able to set up a Lab Cache in about 2 minutes. Super easy to do. Kinda a neat idea depending on the direction Groundsoeak takes it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board


Joined: 10 Jun 2009

Posts: 903

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lab Cache completed Reply with quote

seeingitdifferent wrote:
Gat was correct. I received an email today and was able to set up a Lab Cache in about 2 minutes. Super easy to do. Kinda a neat idea depending on the direction Groundsoeak takes it


I see a lab cache find on your statistics, but not a lab cache hidden. Any idea why that is?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
15Tango
MnGCA Board


Joined: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 846

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when someone set up one-time-only caches in the past and caught a ton of flack for it. Why does my post say ringbone?
_________________
There comes a time in every young boy's life when he gets an irresistible urge to seek buried treasure.--Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher


Joined: 18 Apr 2008

Posts: 303

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayberryman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:
Is it only me, or do others think this might be something 13 year olds might enjoy. About the lamest video I've seen in a while


Sorry you think my video is "lame."
Haha, no love for fellow MN geocachers?

Wink


I suspect he was referring to the lab caches being lame.. that's what the rest of us are ranting about anyway.


Ha ha... om now I feel better. Thank Bart.


We just saw the video on your vlog and it was a very neat cache. Nothing lame about it and well done. Nice job dcdoc
_________________
Animals taste good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4043

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
mayberryman wrote:
A-body wrote:
Is it only me, or do others think this might be something 13 year olds might enjoy. About the lamest video I've seen in a while


Sorry you think my video is "lame."
Haha, no love for fellow MN geocachers?

Wink


I suspect he was referring to the lab caches being lame.. that's what the rest of us are ranting about anyway.


Ha ha... om now I feel better. Thank Bart.


We just saw the video on your vlog and it was a very neat cache. Nothing lame about it and well done. Nice job dcdoc


To clarify, I think the idea of a temporary cache for one person is in direct violation of Groundspeak's overall guidelines and I think THAT is the lame part. I subscribe to the vlogs and would never squash someone's creativity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 25 May 2011

Posts: 274

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious if anyone 1) placed any lab caches and/or 2) found any lab caches during the month?

I considered doing both, but it looked like a lot of work with no gain (and from the fact that it would actually screw up your stats, it seemed like more of a liability).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 231

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copaman wrote:
I was just curious if anyone 1) placed any lab caches and/or 2) found any lab caches during the month?

I considered doing both, but it looked like a lot of work with no gain (and from the fact that it would actually screw up your stats, it seemed like more of a liability).


Near as I can tell, it didn't mess with my stats. I got a new icon that acts like a benchmark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.