MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kickin it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Kickin it Reply with quote

If you get the chance, the Disney XD show "Kickin it" is showing an episode where the kids go geocaching this week. Pretty much sums up what caching is at the end of the episode...
berresfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kickin it Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
If you get the chance, the Disney XD show "Kickin it" is showing an episode where the kids go geocaching this week. Pretty much sums up what caching is at the end of the episode...

My daughter came to me tonight and said I had to watch this show doing geocaching. Turns out it was the Kickin It episode. It is on Netflix, season 2 ep. 10. Cute show that sums it up. From what I could tell, it was a multi. We've all been there before when you come out bit up or scratched up and you tell everyone it was the best time you ever had even though you only have a small plastic bunny to show for your effort.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We've all been there before when you come out bit up or scratched up and you tell everyone it was the best time you ever had even though you only have a small plastic bunny to show for your effort.

Very Happy

Last edited by Aix sponsa on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gustav129
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice way to get the younger crowd interested!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kickin it Reply with quote

berresfamily wrote:

My daughter came to me tonight and said I had to watch this show doing geocaching. Turns out it was the Kickin It episode. It is on Netflix, season 2 ep. 10.

Netflix cannot load this episode at the current time. It tells me to try again later or select another title. Minnesota geocachers must be bogging down the system. It is after all, Friday night.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kickin it Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
berresfamily wrote:

My daughter came to me tonight and said I had to watch this show doing geocaching. Turns out it was the Kickin It episode. It is on Netflix, season 2 ep. 10.

Netflix cannot load this episode at the current time. It tells me to try again later or select another title. Minnesota geocachers must be bogging down the system. It is after all, Friday night.

That must have been me. I watched it tonight. Sorry.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good show. First stage had unsafe cliff climbing and disturbing a falcon nest. Stage two had unsafe tree climbing and breaking branches. Stage three had a gang fight over the Altoids tin. All the containers were removed from the stages. They only searched from clues not coords. Maybe entertaining but a poor way to show what caching is about...destruction of property, unsafe climbing, and fighting with muggles....just name a few. Netflix worked for us but had a poor picture quality and had to reload twice during the short program.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
Not a good show. First stage had unsafe cliff climbing and disturbing a falcon nest. Stage two had unsafe tree climbing and breaking branches. Stage three had a gang fight over the Altoids tin. All the containers were removed from the stages. They only searched from clues not coords. Maybe entertaining but a poor way to show what caching is about...destruction of property, unsafe climbing, and fighting with muggles....just name a few. Netflix worked for us but had a poor picture quality and had to reload twice during the short program.

It was the same thing with the movie "The Survival Game". It had them burying caches, thinking a duffle bag was the cache (with no log book), using a very weird looking GPS (maybe a Magellan?) and that you would find high tech computer stuff in the cache (worth a lot of money though). Good thing the mobsters set them straight, lol. Too bad the writers don't actually do a little research beforehand so that they can representing caching a little more accurately.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Kickin it Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:

That must have been me. I watched it tonight. Sorry.

I did both. First, I tried again later (a few minutes, after rebooting), watched the show, then selected another title (Fargo). Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: