MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Year - 2013!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Year for 2013?
January - A Sticky Situation by mnjake1
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
February - Trycacheus Containerous by KayBayNPapaBear
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
February - Hike with Me: The Louisville Swamp by Master Sergeant USMC
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
March - Under Lock & Key by seldon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
April - GEO-CLUE: Accusation by kkmk
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
May - For Your Eyes Only by bflentje
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
June - Bring a Bible...SERIOUSLY! by JAYMZ*BRONX
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
July - SOMETHING'S FISHY by eagleyes
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
August - DrJBroke's Game of CLUE by DrJBroke
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
September - Archie's Drive In "World's Easiest Geocache" by CROZZROADZ
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
October - 30 Feet which way? by timewellspent
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
November - Birch Lake Night Cache by Boreal Walker
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
December - Wicked by berresfamily
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 50

Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Year - 2013! Reply with quote

Well...just for fun...and bragging rights!!! Check back, I will update the post as needed...but this one is just for fun. Voting will take place until the end of January.

Good luck to all...have fun...and discuss!!!
-Self Promotion and Begging is Highly Encouraged...let's have some fun and end the year right!!!

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations mnjake1!!!
The January 2013 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC41AF7: A Sticky Situation

Nominated By: Sharknose Bunnies
I've got enough finds now that I don't often see a hide that I haven't seen before, but this one caught me off guard. It's a very cleverly done cache that deserves some love and attention.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations to BOTH of the February 2013 Cache of the Month Winners!!!
The February 2013 Cache of the Month Winners are…
Regular Cache Icon GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous
...and...
Multi Cache Icon GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp

Regular Cache Icon GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous by KBayNPapaBear
Nominated By: Boreal Walker
The cache is located in a nice park in Burnsville and is a fun one. The cache is well designed and makes you think through the solution. It is not as straight forward as it looks at first sight. If you haven't done this one yet, I would recommend traveling out to get it.

Multi Cache Icon GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp by Master Sergeant USMC
Nominated By: Red_Devil35
It is a great park, and a great hike. I have been thru this park twice now, and enjoyed the views, and the wildlife both times. While many cachers won't walk that far for only one smiley, it is totally worth it for those that are up to the challenge!

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations seldon!!!
The March 2013 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC33X68: Under Lock & Key

Nominated By: tonkaMN
It has been nominated before (November 2011) but still has only 15 finds. 12 of those finders gave it a favorite point. It was very well done and was fun and winter friendly. It is not far off I-35, just North of Faribault. Please check it out if you are driving by. It isn't a park and grab, but will be worth your time.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations kkmk!!!
The April 2013 Cache of the Month is Mystery Cache Icon GC2V13H: GEO-CLUE: Accusation

Nominated By: schnittfamily
For those unfamiliar with the GEO-CLUE series, it is a 20+ mystery/multi cache series (no traditionals) in Olmsted county featuring a cache for each room, suspect, weapon, plus one for the instructions. Each cache has one card from the game to help out with leading to the final accusation. It kept us going for months and we had a lot fun.

Also as the only cachers to have done (and favorited) both of the Clue caches - we want to see a vote.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations bflentje!!!

The May 2013 Cache of the Month is Multi Cache Icon GC47072: For Your Eyes Only

Nominated By: rjr002
We haven't done a huge number of multi caches but this is, in my opinion, the most challenging yet enjoyable multi stage cache I have seen yet.
There are twelve stages total and the planning and work that went into this effort is evident right from the start.
It also promotes teamwork and camaraderie as you will not be able to complete this one alone.
The entire cache page should be read a few times before attempting to tackle this one, paying close attention to any hints no matter how subtle they may be because some TOTT will be required to complete the stages.
You will be challenged physically and mentally here but you'll love it!

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations JAYMZ*BRONX!!!
The June 2013 Cache of the Month is Mystery Cache Icon GC44ET5: Bring a Bible…SERIOUSLY!

Nominated By: sparkfry
This is a very well constructed field puzzle and final cache.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations EAGLEYES !!!
The July 2013 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC27H66: SOMETHING'S FISHY

Nominated By: Aix sponsa
Since this is the COTM for midsummer I'd like to nominate a cache which embraces one of summer's greatest pastimes - fishing. If you don't have any luck on the lakes around Ely give SOMETHING'S FISHY a try. EAGLEYES went all out on this fun cache. Kids and adults of all ages enjoy this kind of fishing.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations DrJBroke !!!
The August 2013 Cache of the Month is Mystery Cache Icon GC44JT1: DrJBroke’s Game of CLUE

Nominated By: schmittfamily
It is an interesting take on the Clue game where you visit rooms to get alibis and coordinates to other rooms until you can make the final accusation. The cache has a fun mix of hides and terrains leading to an interesting final container. In five months it has managed to collect 28 favorite points - over 1 every 6 days. Makes for a fun family orientated experience.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations CROZZROADZ !!!
The September 2013 Cache of the Month is...
Regular Cache Icon GC2VWNP: Archie’s Drive In “World’s Easiest Geocache”

Nominated By: AustinMN
This is literally a drive-up cache, one you can spot from 50-100 feet away. We recently logged this without getting out of the car just to prove it could be done. A good deal of effort goes into making difficult or evil hides. This cache owner has gone to great lengths to do the opposite, and I think deserves recognition for doing so.

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Congratulations timewellspent !!!
The October 2013 Cache of the Month is...
Multi Cache Icon GC1DRH7: 30 Feet which way?

Nominated By: JAYMZ*BRONX
This is a fun/tricky Multi located in Chaska. It has 12 favorite points and it requires you to think and figure some things out to be able to SL. One of the stages are pretty tough to locate but it adds to the thrill of the hunt. Thanks J*B

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Mystery Cache Icon The November 2013 Cache of the Month is... GC4NX6Q: Birch Lake Night Cache by Boreal Walker
Nominated By: King Boreas
This journey is a nice hike along ski trails, snowmobile trails, game trails, and no trails. It's a wonderful forest for hiking in any season, and now there are a few dozen geocaches. Lots of deer…wear orange.

Boreal Walker wrote:
Congratulations berresfamily!

The December 2013 Cache of the Month is GC4J30T: Wicked by berresfamily

Nominated By: bflentje
I would like to nominate Wicked (GC4J30T) by berresfamily. Rarely anymore do you find a cache constructed in such a manner. The cache is a Traditional but to get at the log requires a bit of field puzzle sleuthing. Berresfamily is a brand new cacher and right out of the blocks is hitting home runs. Kudos.
Master Sergeant USMC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: WooHoo!! Reply with quote

Very honored! Thanks much.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker, thank you very much for taking over the COTM job. Could you post a deadline for votes, I didn't see one listed above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Boreal Walker, thank you very much for taking over the COTM job. Could you post a deadline for votes, I didn't see one listed above.

Voting will take place until the end of January.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am honored. I just hope at the end of the day that you all enjoy my cache. That's all that's important to me.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some Great caches on the list. I hope everyone votes for their favorite.
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing my cache on this list is enough for me to be happy!! Thanks and Good Job to all the other CO's for creating caches worthy of COTM!!! J*B
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations bflentje!

The 2013 Cache of the Year is GC47072: For Your Eyes Only

We haven't done a huge number of multi caches but this is, in my opinion, the most challenging yet enjoyable multi stage cache I have seen yet.
There are twelve stages total and the planning and work that went into this effort is evident right from the start.
It also promotes teamwork and camaraderie as you will not be able to complete this one alone.
The entire cache page should be read a few times before attempting to tackle this one, paying close attention to any hints no matter how subtle they may be because some TOTT will be required to complete the stages.

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Congratulations bflentje!

The 2013 Cache of the Year is GC47072: For Your Eyes Only

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.

Thank you. It was a great time constructing the cache. It's most important to me that my fellow geocachers enjoy the cache and have a good experience.

On that note, if anyone is interested in a guided tour of the cache this weekend, Saturday or Sunday, along with the CO, please send me a private message. I want to perform cache maintenance to make sure the cache is in top shape. Snowshoes or long legs will probably be required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: