MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket Query
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
RudeRat wrote:
I donít use GSAK, I just run the PQís, un zip them then drag the whole unzipped folder into the GPX folder on my Oregon. If they are not name the same, I can load as many PQís as I want as long as I donít go over the 5000 cache limit my Oregon 450 has. The Oregon 300 has a 2000 limit I believe.

Thank you all. This seemed to work. Plus, it didn't cost me a cup of coffee or even a beer.

If RudeRat's suggestion worked then I believe you would owe him a cup of coffee or a beer (his choice).

Coffee or beer, coffee or beer, hmmmmmÖthatís a tough one.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
RudeRat wrote:
I donít use GSAK, I just run the PQís, un zip them then drag the whole unzipped folder into the GPX folder on my Oregon. If they are not name the same, I can load as many PQís as I want as long as I donít go over the 5000 cache limit my Oregon 450 has. The Oregon 300 has a 2000 limit I believe.

Thank you all. This seemed to work. Plus, it didn't cost me a cup of coffee or even a beer.

If RudeRat's suggestion worked then I believe you would owe him a cup of coffee or a beer (his choice).

If I bought a coffee or beer every time a geocacher helped me out (notwithstanding the GSAK questions), Minnesota geocachers would either be very very amped up all of the time or blathering drunks.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

If I bought a coffee or beer every time a geocacher helped me out (notwithstanding the GSAK questions), Minnesota geocachers would either be very very amped up all of the time or blathering drunks.

Amped up or blathering drunk, amped up or blathering drunk, hmmmmmÖthatís a tough one.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

Amped up or blathering drunk, amped up or blathering drunk, hmmmmmÖthatís a tough one.

If you answered another question then maybe you could be an amped up blathering drunk?
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
RudeRat wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
AerosmithPA wrote:
RudeRat wrote:

If you answered another question then maybe you could be an amped up blathering drunk?

I don't even want to think of the evilness his creative mind could come up with then.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got the hang of unzipping then dragging the GPX's into my Garmin- I can also easily delete the files when I get home. What I am learning now is that I have left over a bunch of child waypoints of parking coordinates, etc. leftover in my gps'r.

Is there a way I can batch delete these waypoints without deleting my favorite restaurants, fishing holes, and cable car stops?
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you with old child waypoints, but if you run your PQ through GSAK, you'll get just one GPX file that has all the caches, as well as the child waypoints associated with those caches. Then, if you want to delete those caches as well as their children, just delete that one GPX file (I think I still have mine on the default, which is Geocaches.gpx). Hope that helps!
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, requested a Pocket Query to list caches (Found in the last 7 days)

Biked to GZ and could not make the find. Spent 20-30 minutes expanding area to 50 a foot radius and searching under each blade of grass! Am I going blind? Its been found within the last seven days!
Right? Well, I logged on to enter my DNF and read the last two logged Found It logs. Surprise!!!!

Found it Very Happy 05/11/2014
Found spot but it is gone

Found where it should be but looks like the container is either missing or removed.

Perhaps a new logging trend? Logging a "FOUND IT" for finding the cache "SPOT", or "WHERE IT SHOULD BE"?

Lesson learned. Very Happy Very Happy
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beagleboo wrote:
As usual, requested a Pocket Query to list caches (Found in the last 7 days)

Biked to GZ and could not make the find. Spent 20-30 minutes expanding area to 50 a foot radius and searching under each blade of grass! Am I going blind? Its been found within the last seven days!
Right? Well, I logged on to enter my DNF and read the last two logged Found It logs. Surprise!!!!

Found spot but it is gone

Found where it should be but looks like the container is either missing or removed.

Perhaps a new logging trend? Logging a "FOUND IT" for finding the cache "SPOT", or "WHERE IT SHOULD BE"?

Lesson learned. Very Happy Very Happy

Hmmmm.....someone should probably log a needs maintenance. If it's not in the obvious spot it's clearly gone. Would a "Needs Archived" be more appropriate in this situation?
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmmmm.....someone should probably log a needs maintenance. If it's not in the obvious spot it's clearly gone. Would a "Needs Archived" be more appropriate in this situation?

Not sure?

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3WWFK_dont-let-water-tower-explode?guid=5a481823-7ced-45b1-afde-d852a720e8e4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: