MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Down loading a cache
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Down loading a cache Reply with quote

Is anyone having trouble with GC down loading individual cache to their gps? I was able to this in the past, but not any more. When I click on send to my gps I get the plug in window. It will only allow me to get the Delorme plug in and not Garmin. I went to the Garmin web site and down load it there. It still won't work. Any help please?
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it and my Garmin Oregon 450 is working as usual for indiividual download.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did look at the tabs at the top of the plugin window and switch it to Garmin right? I had that same issue (because it defaults to Delorme) and was embarrassed when I realized that was all I had to do. Embarassed
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
You did look at the tabs at the top of the plugin window and switch it to Garmin right? I had that same issue (because it defaults to Delorme) and was embarrassed when I realized that was all I had to do. Embarassed

Yes, I know that. That's the first thing I did. Only the Delorme tab responds. All other tabs do nothing when clicking.

That's why I went to the Garmin site to try their down load. And, yes the down load worked. The window said down load was complete. Went back to GC and tried again, it still didn't work. Confused
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
dornole wrote:

Yes, I know that. That's the first thing I did. Only the Delorme tab responds. All other tabs do nothing when clicking.

That's why I went to the Garmin site to try their down load. And, yes the down load worked. The window said down load was complete. Went back to GC and tried again, it still didn't work. Confused

I would try a new USB cable. It seriously can make a difference.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
dornole wrote:

I would try a new USB cable. It seriously can make a difference.

New cable made no difference. Same as above happens.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried my back up gps. Same thing no change.
XHawk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night when I tried to download a cache, there was a no response except a message saying I needed to open Google Chrome using the desktop. (I had recently changed to Windows 8 version of Chrome) After doing that, everything worked fine again.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XHawk wrote:
Last night when I tried to download a cache, there was a no response except a message saying I needed to open Google Chrome using the desktop. (I had recently changed to Windows 8 version of Chrome) After doing that, everything worked fine again.

Never saw a message like that. I'm using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7. They updated recently.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Down loading a cache Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with GC down loading individual cache to their gps? I was able to this in the past, but not any more. When I click on send to my gps I get the plug in window. It will only allow me to get the Delorme plug in and not Garmin. I went to the Garmin web site and down load it there. It still won't work. Any help please?
I also get the same message. I did a work around with creating a bookmark list & adding the wanted caches to that. Then I created a pocket query of the bookmark list sent to my e-mail, then transferred to my GPS using the program EasyGPS PHEW!!!!!!! that's a lot of steps. But it worked for me, running IE9, windows 7. Smile
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If IE updated recently, maybe that is the problem. Try Firefox or Google Chrome.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
If IE updated recently, maybe that is the problem. Try Firefox or Google Chrome.

If I try another one, can I keep the old one ? Just in case I don't like it or the same thing happens.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure just download another browser. I have Chrome and IE on mine. I usually use Chrome (and it's working with my Garmin right now) but when I have problems with a certain website, switching to IE often helps. All you have to do is click the icon of the browser you want to use. I'm not much of a techie - I think it'll be easy for you to try.
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go manual.

Go to a cache page, and push the "GPX File" button. This will save the cache as a GPX file (almost like a PQ of a single cache). Drag and drop this to your GPX folder on the device.

I do this when I only want a specific cache and don't want to have to run an entire PQ.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I down loaded chrome and now can load individual caches. Smile It must have been explorer that caused the problems. Copaman's idea is good too. THANK YOU to everyone for your help. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: