MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spot check

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Spot check Reply with quote

I think I remember seeing sometime that there's a way to check if a spot is "open" before going all the way through the cache publishing process?

I'm contemplating a puzzle or multi in a park that has several puzzle listings nearby and it'd be nice to know where those caches are or if I can place things there. That's happened to me before where I thought I was good on proximity only to run afoul of a multi stage or puzzle final.

Thanks!
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I know about is that you can start your cache page and submit it just for a location check to the reviewers before you go through all of the work required to create your puzzle or place and finish whatever cache you are working on. But, this is an extra step for the reviewers, so this kind of thing should only be used for times when cache placement and/or puzzle creation takes a lot of work specific to the final coordinates being where you want. That is how it was explained to me anyway...
Gat R Done
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, create a cache page with the coordinates for your Final location and email the GC# to one of us to check. The cache page can be blank. This also reserves your location while you are creating the cache page.

If you are creating a Multi-cache with additional physical hides, include those as 'stage of a multicache' waypoints so the locations can also be checked. There is no need to include any 'virtual' locations.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, you could ask known puzzle cachers in the area and they likely would know if a general area is open. I know several cachers who would fit this bill! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: