MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Read Me: Six degrees of Separation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met Racecarchick and MNMartian while searching for What is it in Duluth, and met a ton of cachers at The 5th Annual Not so Super Pizza & Cachin' Event in Hayward Wisconsin. A great weekend of meeting cachers.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While caching with TheGreatFollowers we ran into laker2 at GC3D36G.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got busted by CO pinkmonkey2 while searching out her cache GC2WR42.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met hojpoj again at her coffee shop on Grand Ave. in Duluth Verrry early in the morning. Stop and Jo
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Catching up Reply with quote

I encountered huntertim on my way to his cache Double Dog Dare Ya, on March 10.

Ranch Doggers stopped to chat with me while I was looking for their cache Needs Maintenance, on March 19.

I ran into running gal at South Soo Xing, March 25. I met stormychasers near South Soo Eewww that same day.

I bumped into FollowHimJn10:27 at South Soo Peeper, on March 31.

boondock nytro arrived on the scene as I was searching for her cache The Pied Piper, on April 19.

I met flyinvinny, granny1, and littlecrow1 as they were arriving at Hasty's Pearly Gates on April 30.

And finally, I had the cache in hand when bljbak were trying to find it, on July 9. That was at The Billiard Room.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw two cachers searching for a cache we had found near our home so we pulled the car over near the side of the road. They were scared for a while.
Kacher82
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into TeamSPAM and looking4gems several times. Met JackpineSavage once. During a day of events in Cedar Falls/Waterloo, IA I met/cached with several people. Had a few other chance meetings, but I can't remember names or occasions much.
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into Boreal Walker at Schoolcraft State Park Avian Adventure, and met toxichunting at Family's First Hide--Rice Lake State Park.
LabguyMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first cacher I met was Langlie, at Nana’s Park, GC289DN on May 10th, 2010.
I first met Iceman Winter at the Geocoinfest 2010, GC20TB6 on September 19th, 2010
I met 3Humphs at my cache, Jerry Ruppelius A.C. Micro, GC28CE3 on Christmas Day 2010 in Champlin.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across mnwild8996 searching for Trout Lake Trail 2 yesterday afternoon. It's always nice to meet cachers out on the trail. But I was somewhat surprised to have help searching on such a remote hide.
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met dmikitta on Oct. 21 at Ripley's Northern Tracks.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have posted on here before. We have busted lots and lots of cachers at our caches over the years as well as seeing cachers at other places around the cities. Here are some of the memorable times.

The first time we ran into a cacher in the wild was in Minnetonka. Troutonthebrain, Dogsbestfriend (though neither had their own user names at the time.) , and I were busted by minnstars.

On our very first hide I busted Rebelex getting the FTF.

A couple weeks after busting Rebelex, we busted Seeingitdifferent at the same cache. It was the first time we ever met him. He was relatively new then, and we were amazed at the number of travel bugs he had accumulated.

One of my favorite memories was with Troutonthebrain on a FTF run. It was a hide by rickrich in Minnetonka. After finding the cache, we busted the cache owner, richrich, nearby. He was brute forcing a puzzle which we didn't know could be done until we met him. Very Happy

A couple weeks ago we caught someone looking for one of our caches. They were new, so we went with them and showed them how to use their gps and what to look for.

We were driving in western Plymouth a couple weeks ago and saw a someone doing the signpost reach. Well someone is caching! Laughing

Directly before the MnGCA fall event we spotted Rusty Nails finding a sign post cache. We pulled over and busted him.

Just yesterday we were at the golf course and walked by a vehicle in the parking lot. We looked at the license plate and it read "K0TLG". Hmm, I wonder. Sure enough it was him. He wasn't caching, but it was good to see that cachers actually do something other than cache! Very Happy
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While caching my way to a nearby event, I met Kurt Franke at "What, no bus?". We were then joined by FollowHimJn10:27 and running gal to post a group dnf.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across guardrail10 as he searchd for Minnewawa Lake this afternoon. I spotted his truck on the side of the road, and as I passed I noticed a geo sticker on the back window. I was caching the same road, but going the other way and leapfrogging caches, so we were able to compare notes a little ways down the road as I was on my way out. Fun to come across cachers in the woods.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my Fall Event/Wild game/Vikings game weekend I managed to find only a very few caches. As I approached a parking area near MN Central Bend (2.5/2) S I spotted someone diving off of the sidewalk into the bush. I parked and hurried toward GZ. I then spotted the man and made the all important statement "I hope you are geocaching(?)" . At that point XHawk introduced himself and we enjoyed (I think he did, I know I did) a short conversation before we got back to business and he made the find easy for me, when he shouted "I got it"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73

Jump to: