MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-November 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-November 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for November of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for November 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (October 31st).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to submit Birch Lakes Night Cache by Cooler Crew Cachers (actually Boreal Walker)

This journey is a nice hike along ski trails, snowmobile trails, game trails, and no trails. It's a wonderful forest for hiking in any season, and now there are a few dozen geocaches.

Lots of deer ... wear orange.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
I'd like to submit Birch Lakes Night Cache by Cooler Crew Cachers (actually Boreal Walker)

This journey is a nice hike along ski trails, snowmobile trails, game trails, and no trails. It's a wonderful forest for hiking in any season, and now there are a few dozen geocaches.

Lots of deer ... wear orange.

I bet it's a great cache but no one knows because it hasn't been found yet. Confused
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Thanks Alfred, by none other than nobody, for November COTM. It is a fairly new cache, but one of the better engineered that I have seen. Lots of care was taken, both in the construction, and the placement. The walk was beautiful, and BigChiefS4 and I learned some stuff, too! This isn't far from the Fall Event on October 12, so lots of you should have the opportunity to find it!
I know nobody likes multis, but you will really miss out if you don't hunt for this cache.
Team MN Moose
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
I would like to nominate Thanks Alfred, by none other than nobody, for November COTM. It is a fairly new cache, but one of the better engineered that I have seen. Lots of care was taken, both in the construction, and the placement. The walk was beautiful, and BigChiefS4 and I learned some stuff, too! This isn't far from the Fall Event on October 12, so lots of you should have the opportunity to find it!
I know nobody likes multis, but you will really miss out if you don't hunt for this cache.

Is this one of those audible clues given out? I'm deaf, I wouldn't be able to complete this stage on my own.
Congrats on the nomination though!
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

I love multis! I'll be sure to check it out on Saturday.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

I love multis! I'll be sure to check it out on Saturday.

You can call me Nobody.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

You beat me to it! This was a lot of fun to do and definitely gets my vote.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team MN Moose wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

Is this one of those audible clues given out? I'm deaf, I wouldn't be able to complete this stage on my own.
Congrats on the nomination though!

If you come out to the Fall Event on Saturday, I'd bet you'd find someone to be your ears!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

You beat me to it! This was a lot of fun to do and definitely gets my vote.

As many of you probably know, my cache was stolen less than four days right before the event. Based on the way it was hidden, I highly doubt it was a muggle and have a hunch it was intentional. But what do I know.. I can't prove a thing and I am moving on. I just thought I'd let everyone know that it will be back in business by this coming weekend.
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would like to nominate: GC25PEQ - Twisted Again placed by GeoPierce.

I don't want to post any spoilers but the first stage is a nice field puzzle that is well done. One you can bring the kids to and they can help. Plus being that it is next to Paisley Park - we got the entertainment of dodging Prince groupies at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: