MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have and old City Navigator to sell?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Anyone have and old City Navigator to sell? Reply with quote

The subject says it all. PM me if you've got something to sell.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old? I have 2008. But I thought once activated and bound to a GPS serial number that it can't be reused? Is there a deactivation feature?
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bart is right, once a version of City Navigator is paired up with a GPS it is tied to that GPS forever. Looking at Garmin's website you can get City Navigator for about 80 bucks directly from them. Not sure how much cheaper you'll get it second hand, and then if it will even work.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are unused older versions on sale on eBay for less than $80. I recently just splurged the $80 for 2013 since my maps were from 2008 and 2009. It was worth every penny.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also add if it is a unit that you are anticipating keeping for a significant amount of time (more than 2 years) I would look into adding on the numaps package. I think it is an additional 80 bucks but gives you quarterly updates to your map product for the life of your unit, so if you are going to hang onto it for 3 or more years you are getting new maps for free after that second year. Also, if you send in your unit for service and they send you a replacement unit they will transfer your purchased map products over to the replacement unit for free, you just can't transfer them to a new GPS you purchase.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the suggestions. I bought a download version of city navigator for the 49 states for 60$ (giving up on always saved 20$).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: