MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-October 2013

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-October 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for October of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for October 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (September 30th).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate GC2BC46 Burly Boy by huntertim. A few weeks ago, TonkaMN and I were caching up near St. Cloud when we came across a park full of fun hides with fun containers by huntertim, but I have to say that this one was my absolute favorite. TonkaMN had a good laugh as I walked just inches past this one - that's how good the camo is. A lot of time went into hiding this cache, and bonus points for doing it in an environmentally friendly way!
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate GC4KN8K Star Trek V: The Romulan Mystery. This is a clever and original cache with some fun and unexpected twists and turns. Haven't seen one like this, and it's very well executed. Be sure to have some time on your hands, though. You might be there a while...
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: COTM WORTHY! Reply with quote

30ft Which Way? by timewellspent...... http://coord.info/GC1DRH7 This is a fun/tricky Multi located in Chaska. It has 12 favorite points and it requires you to think and figure some things out to be able to SL. One of the stages are pretty tough to locate but it adds to the thrill of the hunt. Thanks J*B
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharknose Bunnies wrote:
I nominate GC4KN8K Star Trek V: The Romulan Mystery. This is a clever and original cache with some fun and unexpected twists and turns. Haven't seen one like this, and it's very well executed. Be sure to have some time on your hands, though. You might be there a while...

Thank You Sharknose Bunnies. I would like to add this is a large traditional with a difficulty rating of five. The search team of Sharknose Bunnies, Delkan1066 and Troutonthebrain were the only one to find this without a hint. The large 5 difficulty are rare and a challenge to create as you can imagine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: