MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "ideal" geocache
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an easy one - GC39E8

Let's see:
Tropical Island Paradise - Check
Next door to resort - Check
Historical 1700's fort to visit - Check
Fun hike/climb - Check
Sizable Container - Check
Plenty of swag - Check
Picking up a travel bug from a foreign land - Czech
Absolutely stunning view - Check
Meeting people from all over the world at the same time - Check
Victory Pina Coladas by a pool afterwards - Check
Getting a thank you note from someone when we logged their travel bug was in the cache - Check
Recover with Cheese, Wine, and a Bubble Bath set up by the butler service - Check
Experience we never would have had without geocaching - Check
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
The only time I research caches is when I am planning a road cruise or if some specifically mentions a cool cache that must be found. Beyond that, I am almost always caching blind.. which is one reason why I feel no obligation to the reserved FTF crowd (sorry RLK, really, no offence).

None taken. And, as I'd said, if you ARE caching blind and truly aren't aware, that is a whole different thing than stepping on someone else's toes "just because you can" because you think the way they play their game is "laughable". And, honestly, I don't even care that much. I was just giving my opinion about the "tribute FTF", as requested in that thread.
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, I never saw this thread originally (must not have been as active back then), but my ideal cache really ranges. If I'm just trying to complete a challenge or streak, then the easier the better (nothing better than an LPC when you just want to get it done and get on with your day). If Kayla is with us, the bigger the better - preferably with great swag that is in good condition. For me personally if the weather is nice and I'm out caching just for enjoyment, the view is really important. I love a cache that brings me to a really scenic area (either the hike itself or where the cache is), though I don't like a real difficult hike (until I get in better shape, maybe some day). I also like unusual and quirky things to see, like a lot of virtuals bring you to. And I also really like clever and unusual containers. Oh, and puzzles of course! I like to solve them and I really enjoy field puzzles as well.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
The only time I research caches is when I am planning a road cruise or if some specifically mentions a cool cache that must be found. Beyond that, I am almost always caching blind.. which is one reason why I feel no obligation to the reserved FTF crowd (sorry RLK, really, no offence).

I believe that. "Woohoo, FTF! Oh wait, this is a puzzle cache! Why is at posted coordinates then? Oh, because I have to find these 34 other caches first. Whatever, I'll log it anyway." Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I believe that. "Woohoo, FTF! Oh wait, this is a puzzle cache! Why is at posted coordinates then? Oh, because I have to find these 34 other caches first. Whatever, I'll log it anyway." Wink

Huh?
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paklid wrote:

* * * * The cache container should contain a voucher good for a free hour long massage at a reputable place.
Reputable? That's no fun!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: