MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breakfast Buddies - Bloomington: Saturday, Sept 28th - 9 AM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Breakfast Buddies - Bloomington: Saturday, Sept 28th - 9 AM Reply with quote

Back by popular demand:

http://coord.info/GC4KJ01

Join us Saturday, September 28th, 2013

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Taste of Scandinavia
401 W 98th St
Bloomington, MN 55420

Join us for breakfast and meet other cachers from near and far!

Bring trackables to exchange!

Bring your dead batteries for recycling and drop them in the Dead Battery Bucket!

Last edited by Copaman on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that it hasn't been published yet?
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChiefS4 wrote:
I take it that it hasn't been published yet?

Yes, not yet, but soon. Smile
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Copaman!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Way to go, Copaman!

He must be a "trusted member" Cool
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does bring up an issue. First though, thank you for taking the initiative and stepping up.

Does the membership want the "format" to change where any idividual can host the Breakfast Buddies "franchise" or do they want it to stay as hosted by the MnGCA? I merely pose the question because the original question in another thread discussed that this is one of the longest hosted events on GC.com... and really the only place with more obscure statistic keeping is Major League Baseball. So do we want to end the "run" of MnGCA having the breakfast buddies "franchise" (and pizza too for the sake of the argument)

I'll pose pro's for both sides:

Individual: Easier to post the event and might get more diverse postings.

MnGCA: The "tradition" continues, as well as a centralized "clearinghouse" of knowing what location has been proposed in what month?

I am curious from a reviewer's standpoint, could the MnGCA "host" two simultaneous events in different parts of the state? Since it really isn't an individual that owns the account per se, if we had a member in Burnsville for example that wanted to host on the last Saturday of the month and another member that proposed a Duluth location for the same day, could they both be listed, with each listing declaring what MnGCA member is the "point" person for the event? I know it may be out of the norm, but it might be a solution to the whole outstate vs. Cities debate... assuming someone from outstate made a suggestion for an event.

Personally I would lean towards them still being listed by MnGCA, but it is something to consider for the membership at large, or all 4 people that come on here on a semi-regular basis.
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
I am curious from a reviewer's standpoint, could the MnGCA "host" two simultaneous events in different parts of the state?

The event owner wouldn't matter in this case as long as the event were properly hosted (ie. a designated host).

We use a basic standard of events being 2-3 hours apart and/or 20-30 miles apart as a general rule of thumb for events that "stand on their own" - you'd want to ensure that's the case here (which I doubt would be an issue).
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a day after getting the confirmation from OCB and creating the event, they called me back to tell me that the restaurant will be closed that day, because they are renovating the restaurant. They cancelled my reservation, and referred me to the OCB in West St Paul. However, that restaurant has a conflict with our event.

Instead, I will be moving the event to Taste of Scandinavia in Bloomington.

Hopefully, this is the last change that is needed.

Sorry for the confusion.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN.Fruitcake wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
I am curious from a reviewer's standpoint, could the MnGCA "host" two simultaneous events in different parts of the state?

The event owner wouldn't matter in this case as long as the event were properly hosted (ie. a designated host).

We use a basic standard of events being 2-3 hours apart and/or 20-30 miles apart as a general rule of thumb for events that "stand on their own" - you'd want to ensure that's the case here (which I doubt would be an issue).

Thank you for the clarification, I was thinking (and hoping) that would be the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: