MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hugo Geocaching Passport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Hugo Geocaching Passport Reply with quote

I spoke with the Hugo Parks Department Director today and she told me that she still has a number of unactivated GeoCoins to give out to people who complete their Geocaching Passport. After the first 20 were given out, she purchased 50 more. Seems people have assumed the GeoCoins have all been handed out and people quit asking for them after finding the caches.

The Passport information can be found here: http://www.ci.hugo.mn.us/index.asp?SEC=6C0B4E18-EC72-4F6D-B438-B80656539386&Type=B_BASIC

One of the caches can be found here: http://coord.info/GC3K0WZ

Hugo has gone the extra mile to encourage geocaching in their city.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's great!
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#7, Hike the Hills, is currently missing and disabled. If it's back in play by next Saturday, I'll probably head up and hit the entire series at once, if anyone is interested in joining me.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
#7, Hike the Hills, is currently missing and disabled. If it's back in play by next Saturday, I'll probably head up and hit the entire series at once, if anyone is interested in joining me.

Thanks. I'll mention that to her so it gets replaced.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:

I might be free Saturday...but I won't know until Friday.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went up yesterday to hit the series . . . found 5 of 8 and one we found was a new container that didn't have the code word (although we were able to complete the code). It was frustrating because the first two we looked for were missing. The containers we did find weren't great for the summer that we've had as all of them had water in them. We did find some other interesting caches in the area and had a great day overall. Just check the maintenance updates before you drive too far.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a bookmark and I'm watching all the caches in the series - with one disabled and two missing but not disabled, I might wait for some other time to get to these. They might be fixed by this weekend, but I also have other disabled caches on my watchlist that haven't been found in nearly 2 years, but the CO keeps posting enough "I'll get around to it" notes to keep the reviewers at bay (i.e. GCGFJ1 - Approach the Bench).
lansima
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did the some of the Maple Grove Adventure last weekend. Came on here to see if anyone posted anything about it yet (So I created a new post). Then I saw this - I'm excited to take the kids to another city passport adventure! I really like these "passport" caches (or the ones where you collect cards - like White Bear Lake). I'm def going to check this one out in the next month or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Recommended Caches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: