MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - July 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for July 2013
GC4BP7G: A True Group Effort
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
GC27H66: SOMETHING'S FISHY
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
GC4BYBM: MCERS: Foot Locker
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
GC43PZD: GeoPuzzle #1: Geocaching In Style!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
GC4EH53: Mission Possible Code 273916
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - July 2013 Reply with quote

Your nominations for July 2013 Cache of the Month are:

Mystery Cache Icon GC4BP7G: A True Group Effort by salsman
Nominated By: Boreal Walker

This was a fun puzzle to play with. The notes on the cache page alone are worth the time to see what cachers are thinking about. The puzzle is a build your own. The cachers ask questions of the cache owner and based on the answers narrow down the search area. I haven't seen one like this before, so it was a nice change of pace. Local knowledge helps, but is not necessary as out of town cachers have solved and found the cache.

The physical stage is a well-stocked device with plenty of paraphernalia from salsman's childhood. It is located in an appropriate area that makes the city life disappear. These are the places I enjoy going to.

Regular Cache Icon GC27H66: SOMETHING's FISHY by EAGLEYES
Nominated By: Aix sponsa
Since this is the COTM for midsummer I'd like to nominate a cache which embraces one of summer's greatest pastimes - fishing. If you don't have any luck on the lakes around Ely give SOMETHING'S FISHY a try. EAGLEYES went all out on this fun cache. Kids and adults of all ages enjoy this kind of fishing.

Mystery Cache Icon GC4BYBM: MCERS: Foot Locker by Master Sergeant USMC
Nominated By: dornole
I would like to nominate MCERS: Foot Locker by Master Sergeant USMC for cache of the month. Only 4 finders so far, all have awarded a favorite. This puzzle requires you to get 6 other Marine-themed MCER caches in the EP area to retrieve clues for the final. Lots of great hikes and "acro" experiences, places you'll want to go to throughout the whole experience. One of many great Master Sergeant USMC hides since he relocated here, a real asset to the SW metro caching community.

Mystery Cache Icon GC43PZD: GeoPuzzle #1: Geocaching In Style! by TheCachin8tor
Nominated By: JAYMZ*BRONX
The cool thing about it is there is a Travel Bug that you must track down to get in your possession. Then you must solve the puzzle to get the Coords for the final.

I felt like I was on a secret mission trying to get my hands on it. Once I had it , I was getting emails & text of cachers wanting Dibs on it next!

Multi Cache Icon GC4EH53: Mission Possible Code 273916 by Tork5 And Pickles
Nominated By: Khoda
The cache follows an original theme that is unique. Much time, a bit of money and planning was involved in the creation of this cache. It isn't so difficult as to be frustrating and is fun for a family.

My thanks to Tork5 and Pickles for placing this cache.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by Draconisdax on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Master Sergeant USMC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Nomination Reply with quote

Thanks to Dornole for the nomination of July's Cache of the Month. I am very honored to be nominated and hope everyone enjoys it!

Semper Fi! MSgt USMC
joboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your in the Northland do yourself a favor and stop to do the Something's Fishy cache!!!
If you have kids, it's a must do cache; he** even if you don't, it's still a must do cache!!!
Maybe you'll be lucky enough to meet the CO's, good people!!
Peace, Joe
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations EAGLEYES !!!
The July 2013 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC27H66: SOMETHING'S FISHY

Nominated By: Aix sponsa
Since this is the COTM for midsummer I'd like to nominate a cache which embraces one of summer's greatest pastimes - fishing. If you don't have any luck on the lakes around Ely give SOMETHING'S FISHY a try. EAGLEYES went all out on this fun cache. Kids and adults of all ages enjoy this kind of fishing.

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: SOMETHINGS FISHY CACHE Reply with quote

Thank you to the voters who supported this nomination and to AS for nominating it-
TriggerMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Eagleyes! I got the heads up on this cache from a fellow Rochester cacher before our trip to Ely a few years ago and it was a highlight of our trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: