MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-July 2013

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-July 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for July of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for June 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (June 30th).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will nominate A True Group Effort by salsman.

This was a fun puzzle to play with. The notes on the cache page alone are worth the time to see what cachers are thinking about. The puzzle is a build your own. The cachers ask questions of the cache owner and based on the answers narrow down the search area. I haven't seen one like this before, so it was a nice change of pace. Local knowledge helps, but is not necessary as out of town cachers have solved and found the cache.

The physical stage is a well-stocked device with plenty of paraphernalia from salsman's childhood. It is located in an appropriate area that makes the city life disappear. These are the places I enjoy going to.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the COTM for midsummer I'd like to nominate a cache which embraces one of summer's greatest pastimes - fishing. If you don't have any luck on the lakes around Ely give SOMETHING'S FISHY a try. EAGLEYES went all out on this fun cache. Kids and adults of all ages enjoy this kind of fishing.

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received from dornole

I would like to nominate MCERS: Foot Locker by Master Sergeant USMC for cache of the month. Only 4 finders so far, all have awarded a favorite:

http://coord.info/GC4BYBM

This puzzle requires you to get 6 other Marine-themed MCER caches in the EP area to retrieve clues for the final. Lots of great hikes and "acro" experiences, places you'll want to go to throughout the whole experience. One of many great Master Sergeant USMC hides since he relocated here, a real asset to the SW metro caching community.

http://coord.info/GC4BYBM
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will nominate GC43PZD GeoPuzzle #1: Geocaching In Style! by TheCachin8tor

The cool thing about it is there is a Travel Bug that you must track down to get in your possession. Then you must solve the puzzle to get the Coords for the final.

I felt like I was on a secret mission trying to get my hands on it. Once I had it , I was getting emails & text of cachers wanting Dibs on it next!

http://coord.info/TB4Y06G
http://coord.info/GC43PZD
khoda
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC4EH53 Multi-cache Mission Possible Code 273916
Type: Multi | Size: Small Small | Difficulty: 2 out of 5 | Terrain: 2 out of 5
By: Tork5_And_Pickles @ | Hidden: 06/17/2013 | Status: Available

I nominate this cache for July COTM.

The cache follows an original theme that is unique. Much time, a bit of money and planning was involved in the creation of this cache. It isn't so difficult as to be frustrating and is fun for a family.

My thanks to Tork5 and Pickles for placing this cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=84c9c425-d47f-4b3c-bceb-ba5c725aeecc&utm_expid=3682814-19
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks...I will get to this later today...been out sick for a couple days (not how I wanted to start the week).
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you decide when there is one one vote per cache ?
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been a vote yet, those are just the nominations. Stay tuned
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: