MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caching in Seattle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psubrian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Caching in Seattle Reply with quote

Well, I hope to be caching in Seattle this weekend, as opposed to sleeping in Seattle. Okay, bad joke. Anyways, a work assignment has me in Seattle and I'll have free time from about 1pm on Friday afternoon until 5pm Saturday when I need to head to the airport.

Besides stopping at Groundspeak HQ, I'm wondering if folks here have any recommendations of caches that I should grab while out there. Yes, I've looked at the top favorites, but its always nice to hear personal recommendations. I'm debating if its worth driving the 1.5 north to cross the border and get British Columbia?

Thoughts, comments, recommendations are greatly appreciated.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Seattle, but I do know Vancouver. Nothing terribly special in the city (at least that I've seen) UNLESS you go up into the mountains. If you had another 24 hours I would recommend you drive the extra couple of hours and spend a night in Whistler, where you can cache in the woods while still in the city, and also cache atop the mountains where the 2008 Olympics were held. Beautiful area!
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally Tubular III http://coord.info/GCP9G9
http://coord.info/GC1B1JN
http://coord.info/GC11HRQ
also the peace sign series

Queen Anne is a fun area to cache in, in general.
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a nice multi right by pike place market (where it all began). The Washington State geocaching association has a list of recommended Seattle caches on their webpage.
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were just in Seattle earlier this week! I would highly recommend Kerry Viewpoint Park (GC62C8), not so much for the cache (it is a virtual), but for the view from this park. It is really spectacular.

We really wanted to do the Totally Tubular series, but ran out of time in the area. We only had a day and a half to travel from Vancouver to Seattle, spend the night, visit HQ, and then back to Vancouver. It didn't help matters that we got a flat on our rental car on the way to HQ - that ate up any extra time we had for caching.

Anyway, if you are going to make the drive north, I would recommend Cache Machine (GC3VVWH) - it was pretty cool. Also we really liked the virtual "Triplin' the Rock Fantastic" (GC9DBF) if you like art. And the Peace Arch (GCD65A) was a really pretty area as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: