MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skirt Lifters in a Parking Lot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5711

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
There are numerous caches out there that I'm not fond of at all, for various reasons (difficulty, puzzle obscureness, ...

Shocked


I'm curious how much of this stuff you plan to dig up? Rolling Eyes

One of the things I really admired about Surfer Joe was that he was a totally different person than Moe the Sleaze.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pfalstad
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2006

Posts: 1015

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm curious how much of this stuff you plan to dig up? Rolling Eyes

No more, I've seen enough! Shocked Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4067

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
There are numerous caches out there that I'm not fond of at all, for various reasons (difficulty, puzzle obscureness, ...

Shocked


Let's just hope in his new duties that he keeps his likes and dislikes in check. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair his full statement even before his new role was that he wouldn't oppose them.

PearHead wrote:
There are numerous caches out there that I'm not fond of at all, for various reasons (difficulty, puzzle obscureness, lack of creativity, etc), but I try not to actively oppose them as they are legit just like most other caches.


I know you won't let your personal fondness of caches distract you while you are reviewing.

We all play the game in different ways. So while reviewers have to be tolerant of that, that doesn't mean they have to go find those types of caches or personally enjoy them.
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad_CRC
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Oct 2006

Posts: 214

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:


Let's just hope in his new duties that he keeps his likes and dislikes in check. Wink


what's the point of that? There has to be some perk to all that work. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draconisdax
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Nov 2007

Posts: 982

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
To be fair his full statement even before his new role was that he wouldn't oppose them.

PearHead wrote:
There are numerous caches out there that I'm not fond of at all, for various reasons (difficulty, puzzle obscureness, lack of creativity, etc), but I try not to actively oppose them as they are legit just like most other caches.


I know you won't let your personal fondness of caches distract you while you are reviewing.

We all play the game in different ways. So while reviewers have to be tolerant of that, that doesn't mean they have to go find those types of caches or personally enjoy them.

Which may also be a part of the reasoning why Groundspeak switch their titles from "Approvers" to "Reviewers" a couple years back...

They review caches...not approve them...I have no doubts PearHead will do a great job, just as Moe did...
_________________
You may only be young once...but I will be immature forever!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2445

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/i9OicQoAqkk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.