MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The bugs are starting to come out!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: The bugs are starting to come out!!! Reply with quote

And not just the travelling kind!!! I just got my first tick of the season--I probably picked it up on Friday or Saturday, and didn't even notice it until Tuesday, and by then, it was so embedded that I had to go to the clinic to get it out. Thank dog I got the Lymerex shots a couple of years ago, and since I work with sheet metal, I always make sure my tetanus booster is current. Just be warned, they're back and they're hungry. Time to stock up on the bug dope and start eating garlic tablets, I guess.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't found any, I was caching with AZG two weekends ago and she got 4 of them. Earlier this week I was caching with spaceman7 and he found a *deer tick.*

Ack.

Be careful!

-Aaron
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, yup, yup -- I got one yesterday up at one of the Elk River caches.
I also noted that the gnats are *swarming* near some water caches - ick.

No skeeters yet -- Very Happy hurrah!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lady and Laddy bugs
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laddy bug went out two nights ago and came back with no less than 12 wood ticks!! EEEEEWWW! Surprised All night long I kept thinking that there was one crawling on me. We are definitely on the look out for them now. Neutral
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found tick number two starting to gnaw on my neck yesterday--luckily, Perrine was able to get this one out and I didn't have to go to the clinic. Anyone want to start a pool on how much longer we have mosquitoless cache hunting? I haven't seen any of the little buggers yet, but the green trucks are out. My best guess is May 11th--Mother's Day is when the hummingbirds start showing up, and don't they eat mosquitoes?
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Skeeters Reply with quote

Plenty of the little buggers are available for viewing in White Bear Lake right now. We have it all. Ticks, skeeters, poison ivy, etc. All the things that make caching fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: