MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to meet other geocachers in Duluth or get tips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkurhajetz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Looking to meet other geocachers in Duluth or get tips Reply with quote

Hello, I'm looking at geocaching for me and my family. I have two young girls, live by Hartley and wanted to get into this. I was hoping to speak with people up here to see what apps they use?

I understand often people are using phones and presume it would be good to use the same app?

Maybe it doesn't work that way?

Does someone, or several, want to meet for coffee or something sometime? I work downtown and live in Kenwood but can go anywhere in town.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

I'd be happy to talk to you some about getting started in caching. I live just north of town at work at Mt. Royal.

Generally a phone would be what I would suggest to whet your appetite, but it's no replacement from having an actual GPS receiver. A phone is a decent way to start however.

I don't always know what my work schedule will be like until the day before, but if you'd like to head out to find a cache or two in Hartley I'd be happy to help you out for the first one or two on a Saturday morning. Typically I work on Saturdays, although I'm guessing that this Saturday I won't be working until 10am.

You can PM me through here if you like with your email address and we'll go from there.
lihill630
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: New to Duluth Geocaching too Reply with quote

I am new to Geocaching two. My family did three in Lakeside last week as our first attempt. At Lester Park.

I have an iPhone and did purchase the Geocaching.com app for $10. I use my iPhone to find the coordinates and it seems to work well, at least in an area with coverage.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Esko but we are headed out of town for a couple weeks. I'd be happy to go for a walk towards the end of August.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I'm from Esko but we are headed out of town for a couple weeks. I'd be happy to go for a walk towards the end of August.

Walk? I thought your slowest speed was a slow jog? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: