MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Bend $1000 Cache Ba$h 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: West Bend $1000 Cache Ba$h 2013 Reply with quote

Anyone going? http://coord.info/GC3WQ0R
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went last year and it was fabulous. Planning to go again this year if we have enough vacation time to go.
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went last year just for the day. It was a long day, but a very good day caching-wise. I'd love to go again.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to get there for the last couple years. Maybe this year I'll make it if it's not over canoe-event weekend.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Been trying to get there for the last couple years. Maybe this year I'll make it if it's not over canoe-event weekend.

I hope not. I would like to attend both.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I hope not. I would like to attend both.

If my dates are correct you'll be safe. West Bend I believe to be 08-10 and the canoe event is the following Saturday, 08-17.
shischkabob
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going for sure. I have gone the last 2 years and have had an absolute blast. I am looking forward to it again this year!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am contemplating dragging the camper out that direction if anyone is interested in sharing accommodations. I am not 100% yet, probably 85% sure and would also have to find a campground.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I am contemplating dragging the camper out that direction if anyone is interested in sharing accommodations. I am not 100% yet, probably 85% sure and would also have to find a campground.

My wife told me I am busy this weekend. HUGE Crying or Very sad My apologies to anyone that contacted me about camper accommodations. This is the third year in a row my wifey cancelled my plans to do West Bend as they were in progress.

The BWCAW trip is looking good though, assuming someone comes forward to manage the adventure.
Delkan1066
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there on Saturday.
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there on Friday AFTER I finish up a 6 day bicycle ride in the town 9 miles to the north. It is worth driving out of my way to attend a Mega-Event. I will be with a bicycle riding cheesehead cacher-(actually a very nice lady) that lives within an hour's drive.

Sounds like fun!
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darlene and I are planning to attend the event after circling the great lakes on a work vacation out to Pennsylvania. I also have a photo shoot job up in the Green Bay area before heading to the event.

We haven't figured out where to camp as yet and the campgrounds are filling up. If anyone has a suggestion as to where to camp, let me know. Question

One thing that upsets me is it sounds like dogs are not allowed in most of the parks in West Bend including where the event is held. Crying or Very sad
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We attended the event this year but had to leave Khrystill's dog Dexter in the car, in the parking lot, during the main event because the city of West Bend does not allow dogs in their city parks except for their one dog park.

After returning home I received some 6-10 emails from the Mega Event organizers soliciting us to vote for West Bend in the Rand McNally's 2013 Best Small Towns Contest for being the best Geoocaching town in the US. The contest allowed people to vote as often as they wanted and West Bend won the contest. How can they truthfully be the best town in the US to geocache when they are so intolerant towards dogs and their owners? We love caching with Dexter and we take him caching most everywhere we go. We won't be going to next years West Bend mega event unless the city changes their anti-dog laws, but I'm not holding my breath.
shischkabob
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailbuds wrote:
After returning home I received some 6-10 emails from the Mega Event organizers soliciting us to vote for West Bend in the Rand McNally's 2013 Best Small Towns Contest for being the best Geoocaching town in the US. The contest allowed people to vote as often as they wanted and West Bend won the contest. How can they truthfully be the best town in the US to geocache when they are so intolerant towards dogs and their owners?.

I went as well and I completely agree about the emails and solicitation. it got really old really fast. I think the dog part is unfortunate but since I don't bring ours it doesn't affect us. I wish they did open their parks to dogs as I don't think it is a big deal to have them around. their parks would probably get a lot more use of they did allow them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: