MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNSL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
I believe in signing the log, but I also know there's sometimes extenuating circumstances (didn't have a pen, couldn't get the log out, log was wet and unsignable, etc.) when you actually had the cache in your hand, and had the cache open so you would be able to sign the log if you could do so (I found another one this weekend where you had to solve a puzzle in order to get the container open) you should at least explain as much in your online log.

Most of us (at least me) understand the possibility of extenuating circumstances and are not THAT hard core. Only the obvious bum logs would be deleted.
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a new one - SLRB
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST11 wrote:
Have a new one - SLRB

Signed log, rolled bum?
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST11 wrote:
Then I would be deleting a lot of log entries. I receive all kinds of, didn't have a pencil or out of ink postings. Why would I delete those logs?
It's tupperware in the woods, if they say they found it that's good enough for me.

Nope I refuse to delete any log and I never ever browse through log sheets, I replace them if wet and simply toss the old one without a glance.

For me the question would be why would I ever do such a thing?

Because cache maintenance is your responsibility, and signing the log is the cacher finders responsibility?

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#listingmaintenance

Code:
As the owner of your cache listing, your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache listing. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#logging

Code:
Physical caches can be logged online as "Found" once the physical log has been signed.
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is this which ruins fishing - we all know all the fish are hiding behind the no fishing signs. Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ST11 wrote:
It is this which ruins fishing - we all know all the fish are hiding behind the no fishing signs. Wink

You're suggesting that a little log maintenance here and there would ruin your geocaching experience? Come on now..
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all - bending rules is what injects excitement into the game Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: