MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEEDS MAINTENANCE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jicknarson wrote:

Hey... I didn't mention any names!
OK, to be honest, my rationale was based on KB hides. That was before you told me you read the logs. I am still amazed by that - don't know how you have enough time. I'm sticking with my NM strategy, though. There are other prolific hiders out there.
Smile

You do bring up a good point. If I get a string of logs from one cacher,every one "TFTC" or whatever, I stop reading them after 5-6. I have missed other info at times.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Some of the most entertaining logs are jicknarson logs, both found it and dnf's. Good stuff.

Yes, so entertaining that it's worth another summer trip up to her stomping grounds.
jicknarson
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Some of the most entertaining logs are jicknarson logs, both found it and dnf's. Good stuff.

Thanks, Steve, and back at ya.... especially when your phone auto corrects and the non-family-friendly version of the log gets posted.
Shocked
jicknarson
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Yes, so entertaining that it's worth another summer trip up to her stomping grounds.

Hey, KB, come on back up any time!
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I've had my feathers ruffled when someone marked one of my caches as needing maintenance, while logging a dnf, when the cache is sitting there exactly how I hid it.

Of course the searcher had no way to know I lived just a few blocks away and checked on the cache often. But it was a mid level difficulty, so a NM after they can't find it?

I shouldn't let it bug me, but it did. I'm over it. Really, I am!

I've seen where after a DNF, the log states that the obvious beacon was empty so they replaced the cache, signed the log, then claim the find. In this case I think I'd take the NM instead. Not all hides are in the beacon.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't nearly have the number of caches KB does...but I read all my logs as well. The one's that catch me are those that change/update their log after it is posted...
I started to hear "rumors" about one of my caches at one of my events...course, the most recent log I had on it was a simple note about running out of time and will come back later. Well, later arrived (about a week or two after the initial note) and they changed their note to a dnf and went into great detail about how the cache was gone. Now, had they actually posted a new log, I would have made the correction right away...
ST11
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with the needs maintenance logs and for me it's a good thing as I don't go out and check caches unless there are a number of legitimate dnfs posted or a NM log.

What frosts me is the guy who posts a needs archive log and has not even bother to look for the cache. I am finding a single individual who sifts through logs and posts NA logs even without actually verifying the cache is missing.
In my case he was wrong for 5 out of 7 the the NA logs.

I guess this falls under the "is what it is" category
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: