MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joint Event with Wisconsin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Will this event replace the MnGCA spring event? Is there a MnGCA spring event being planned?

It was not intended that this would replace the Spring Event.

The board will be getting together this weekend and I'm sure timing of getting the Spring Event committee rolling will be on the agenda.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
Will this event replace the MnGCA spring event? Is there a MnGCA spring event being planned?

It was not intended that this would replace the Spring Event.

The board will be getting together this weekend and I'm sure timing of getting the Spring Event committee rolling will be on the agenda.

Glad to hear this. Thanks
Team Black-Cat
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night caches have been a long time favorite at the campouts. They can be as simple or as creative as the person placing them want them to be.
The night caches are only out for a single night, so you can do things that you just can't do with a "real" cache. Some of the more creative ones in the past have included crashed UFOs and alien "blood". Others have been as simple as a trail of lighted bugs (garden lights).
The night caches are usually set up along a single trail several hundred feet apart. The total length and terrain is easy enough for even small kids.
If anyone is interested in placing a night cache for this event, start planning now and collecting your materials. I'm hoping that we can get about 20 night caches set up. I'm planning on setting up 2 or 3.
If you're still unsure how it all works, or if you have a specific question or suggestion, post here or PM me.
TeamBlueNorge
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Loyalties Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
Team Black-Cat wrote:
the tug-o-war will be all out Wisconsin vs Minnesota, MnGCA vs WGA, Packers vs Vikings, Gophers vs. Badgers... Be sure to wear your colors.
Hmmmmm, might need to defect for this. I wonder what Lauren will do. Any others struggling with where their loyalties lie?

WI is my homeland and I bleed green & gold...this could be tough.
Hotdogs_Off_Trail
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your appetites ready for the WGA Pancake Breakfast on Sunday morning of the event. 8-11AM $5 per adult, $3 for children 6-12 (free under 6) for pancakes, sausages, coffee, juice and milk. Open to All at the Camp Interstate shelter! See you there.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
Team Black-Cat wrote:
the tug-o-war will be all out Wisconsin vs Minnesota, MnGCA vs WGA, Packers vs Vikings, Gophers vs. Badgers... Be sure to wear your colors.
Hmmmmm, might need to defect for this. I wonder what Lauren will do. Any others struggling with where their loyalties lie?
hmm
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotdogs_Off_Trail wrote:
Get your appetites ready for the WGA Pancake Breakfast on Sunday morning of the event. 8-11AM $5 per adult, $3 for children 6-12 (free under 6) for pancakes, sausages, coffee, juice and milk. Open to All at the Camp Interstate shelter! See you there.

Yum!!
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeRat wrote:
Team Black-Cat wrote:

Definitely struggling here... Ryan is from WI, I'm from MN, and we obviously live in MN now but we are both avid Packer fans...
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuma! seems to think the Tug of War is already in the books.

I guess we don't have a chance?

C'mon, who's going? This is going to be a great weekend. (Yes, I'm 'suspending' my boycott of paying to get in a Park, but this IS Wisconsin ... )
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

C'mon, who's going? This is going to be a great weekend. (Yes, I'm 'suspending' my boycott of paying to get in a Park, but this IS Wisconsin ... )

I've got it on the calendar, so unless something else comes up, I'll be there.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

I'm planning on attending.

Feed them some greasy cheese curds first. They'll never be able to hold onto the rope.

Non-resident entry fee. Evil or Very Mad
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice wrote:

Non-resident entry fee. Evil or Very Mad

Pick up a MN State Park pass for your car. It is also good in that particular park. Should be cheaper than.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Pick up a MN State Park pass for your car. It is also good in that particular park. Should be cheaper than.

Where did you see that? Quite a few years back they honored MN SP stickers on weekdays at WI Interstate, but last time I checked that had ended.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:

Where did you see that? Quite a few years back they honored MN SP stickers on weekdays at WI Interstate, but last time I checked that had ended.
It would be good to get the details on this
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:

My intel is probably a little old then. It has been a few years since I was at the WI park. They honored my tag at that point. I didn't realize things had changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: