MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PQ ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB&D
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: PQ ? Reply with quote

Can someone help me out with what I do with my Pocket Queries once they are e-mailed to me to get them into my GPS. I'm working on getting a Palm and have looked at geocacher-u on how to make that work, but that still doesn't seem to help me. We have a Garmin E-trex venture if that helps. Thanks in advance.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simplest way would be to get EasyGPS. From there, you just have to set up what COM (Serial) port you have your GPS hooked up to (these days it'll most likely be COM1 or COM 2) and a baud rate. Should be able to go 9600 baud if it's anything like my garmin rino.

Setting that up should be simple, when you run EasyGPS, goto File - Preferences, click Add GPS, find your GPS on the list, then click Settings to setup the Com port and Baud rate. Once that's done, make sure your GPS is plugged into the PC and powered on, then select GPS - Test Serial connection. It should let you know if it was successful or not. If not, change the Com Settings and try again.

Once that's done, simply open the pocket query in easygps and use the GPS - Send waypoints to send them to your GPS.
BB&D
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's working for the most part. I'm still only able to get 16 waypoints on my gps and I should be able to get 500. The tracks have all been deleted and there is no extra map data installed. Any other ideas?
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra map data doesnt take up any waypoint total. You get 500 no matter how much data you have in it.
When you open the file in easygps does it show more than 16 waypoints?
Possibley corrupted download if thats all that it shows when opened in easygps.
BB&D
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found them. If on my gps I find waypoints by nearest I only get 16, but if I find by name I get 500(I hope, not going to count them). Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: