MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bookmark lists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Bookmark lists Reply with quote

I see that Groundspeak has recently bumped the number of bookmark lists available to a user from 40 up to 100. That's great for those of us who like to work on challenges and keep a bookmark of caches that qualify for ones we are working on. There have been a couple of old challenges where I've had to remove my qualifying bookmark in order to build a new one.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious- What do people keep bookmark lists of? My lists include-

Challenges
Personal favorites
Gpsless or stage skippers- Where I stumble across a cache, go gpsless for an added challenge, or somehow skip a stage on a multi
Gravesites of notable people
Last to finds- Where, for whatever reason (and try to name the reason) I was the last to find a cache prior to archiving
Natural wells- Caches where you can fill your water bottle while caching
Caches along a local bike trail
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, I used them for challenge requirements.

Now I use them for road trip planning.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a list for caches that a person can ski to and one for boating. Some caches that are winter accessible are not good to ski to such as most on the SHT and others that aren't on a ski trails are still along a trail that is one can ski on. It can make the trip a bit quicker. Some of us just like to think that we can ski faster than we can walk. It can heighten the adventure in places like Grand Rapids where you are zooming down a hill and there are gargantuan oak leaves in both tracks. A-a-a-a...Crash! Shocked I am now the proud owner of waxless skis for skiing in GR in the spring. If I make the effort to load my boat I like to be sure I get all the "accessible by water only" caches when I am in an area. Neither list is exhaustive but it is hopefully a good start.

rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my Solved But Unfound lists--one for MN puzzles and Multis, and another for non-MN. I have a list of Challenge caches I already qualify for. I have lots of them tracking my progress on challenges I consider myself working on. I have a couple which are used as "sample" bookmarks for a Challenge I have placed or am in the midst of placing. I have some that highlight caches I want to get when I travel--working on one for the SanFran area right now. I have one that shows caches where I have placed trackables only to have them go missing before anyone claims them--make sure I don't leave trackables in these caches again or grab some that get dropped off by others.

I have one that doesn't have any caches in it, but the description I keep a list of trackables I've found representing each state.

I think that covers it for me.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I'm curious- What do people keep bookmark lists of?

Bobcam suggested a use I hadn't thought of. If you are the cache owner of any "power trails," it can be very helpful to other cachers if you create a bookmark list of that group of caches. That way, they can just generate a pocket query from the bookmark list and load them all into their GPS. As a result, I created a bookmark list for my challenge series in St. Paul. I always kind of worry that people think I'm doing it out of a sense of arrogance, but I'm really just trying to be helpful. Thank you for asking the question, AerosmithPA, so I can explain why. Very Happy
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I'm curious- What do people keep bookmark lists of?

I have a list of archived caches from throughout the years that are fairly local to me. That way I can find cacheable areas as well as seeing if the cache might still be there (note I haven't had a chance to purposely go out and look for archived caches yet)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: