MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lunch Thief
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
My cousin, to catch his wife opening her Christmas gifts early, attached a window alarm sensor inside a gift box, wrapped it, and placed it under the tree with her name on it. The 'screamer' was placed nearby. The gift was opened, of course, and the alarm went off, very loudly.

I've never carried this out, but I have had the idea to do this for a cache in a high-muggle area. Twisted Evil It would really put one's stealth skills to the test.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
The ink is the right idea, just not the exploding part though. Lift the cheese and put a bunch of colored dye on the pizza, then replace the cheese. Put that one piece of pizza on top (if there are many). It's very possible that the culprit will eat the pizza and not even know that his teeth are now very stained (temporarily) blue or red or orange (blue looks funniest)! You'll find your thief, and he will be so embarrassed that he will not do that again. Just don't forget though and eat it yourself!

And to be more precise, make the dye "small drops" so that if he/she bites and looks at the pizza, hopefully the dye drops will either be taken in completely with the bite.

By the way, this is an awesome fun prank to do to friends or family just for fun as well. Twisted Evil

Sweet. Add red food coloring to pizza sauce, or pesto sauce pizza, with lots of blue or green food coloring.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well?.........We're waiting.......
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden camera?
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I need to try something. I just haven't done it yet. I would love to put a hidden camera in there, but I think I would get in trouble for doing that without permission from management.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. Does management ever bring in leftover pizza? Wink
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty easy to build an alarm with a light sensor that would go off loudly when a pizza box was opened. At least, for my kid it would be.

Or even to have it say "DON'T EAT MY PIZZA!!!!"
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
It would be pretty easy to build an alarm with a light sensor that would go off loudly when a pizza box was opened. At least, for my kid it would be.

Or even to have it say "DON'T EAT MY PIZZA!!!!"

Would you have him write up the plans and send them to me?
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the challenge has been accepted - now my bored, "what are we going to DO today" kid has an engineering problem to solve Smile And what an interesting one - pizza thief!!

He's wondering what capabilities do you want and how much do you want to spend as there are several ways to go. Sounds like a basic buzzer would run about $2 and the recordable, personalized voice alarm more like $15. I think he already has most of the basic resistors and stuff. He's thinking it should be able to be easily calibrated by you to fit the light levels in your pizza box (goes off when, and only when box is opened) and wants to check on whether components will work in a refrigerated setting. He says he already has code to create a variable pitch alarm "scientifically proven to be annoying" so that option would be super easy.

I think he'd be thrilled to actually build and test your pizza alarm for you so that it's all ready to go . . . otherwise I'll have to have him email you with a diagram and a parts list as I don't program microprocessors myself and don't completely understand what he's talking about. Most of the time I just smile and nod and tell him he's great.

This could be extremely fun if it works out. Feel free to PM/email . . .
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
I think the challenge has been accepted - now my bored, "what are we going to DO today" kid has an engineering problem to solve Smile And what an interesting one - pizza thief!!

He's wondering what capabilities do you want and how much do you want to spend as there are several ways to go. Sounds like a basic buzzer would run about $2 and the recordable, personalized voice alarm more like $15. I think he already has most of the basic resistors and stuff. He's thinking it should be able to be easily calibrated by you to fit the light levels in your pizza box (goes off when, and only when box is opened) and wants to check on whether components will work in a refrigerated setting. He says he already has code to create a variable pitch alarm "scientifically proven to be annoying" so that option would be super easy.

I think he'd be thrilled to actually build and test your pizza alarm for you so that it's all ready to go . . . otherwise I'll have to have him email you with a diagram and a parts list as I don't program microprocessors myself and don't completely understand what he's talking about. Most of the time I just smile and nod and tell him he's great.

This could be extremely fun if it works out. Feel free to PM/email . . .
oh this is just hilarious! PLEASE PLEASE keep all of us informed how it goes! And maybe your son can hook up video too! Wink
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Yeah, I need to try something. I just haven't done it yet. I would love to put a hidden camera in there, but I think I would get in trouble for doing that without permission from management.

I've heard of a case where a camera which was not even plugged in (without managements approval) constituted a hostile work environment.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I've heard of a case where a camera which was not even plugged in (without managements approval) constituted a hostile work environment.

Yikes! I'm definitely going to avoid the camera route.
CharleneMae
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably just attach one of those musical Hallmark cards to the inside of the box. I'm sure there is a way to glue/tape it so that it activates when the pizza box opens. I saw one a while ago that had an in-home fire alarm sound play when opened. Otherwise there are many different song bits. Probably not as fun as the project dornole's kid could create, but would still meet the purpose.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharleneMae wrote:
You could probably just attach one of those musical Hallmark cards to the inside of the box. I'm sure there is a way to glue/tape it so that it activates when the pizza box opens. I saw one a while ago that had an in-home fire alarm sound play when opened. Otherwise there are many different song bits. Probably not as fun as the project dornole's kid could create, but would still meet the purpose.

I don't think that would be nearly LOUD enough! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: