MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2013

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - February 2013 Reply with quote

Your nominations for February 2013 Cache of the Month are:

Regular Cache Icon GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous by KBayNPapaBear
Nominated By: Boreal Walker
The cache is located in a nice park in Burnsville and is a fun one. The cache is well designed and makes you think through the solution. It is not as straight forward as it looks at first sight. If you haven't done this one yet, I would recommend traveling out to get it.

Multi Cache Icon GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp by Master Sergeant USMC
Nominated By: Red_Devil35
It is a great park, and a great hike. I have been thru this park twice now, and enjoyed the views, and the wildlife both times. While many cachers won't walk that far for only one smiley, it is totally worth it for those that are up to the challenge!

Multi Cache Icon GC40TD6: Go Deeper and Go Higher by Master Sergeant USMC
Nominated By: tonkaMN
It is a great hike and a fun cache with a twist to keep you on your toes. If you haven't been out to Eden Prairie to do it get out there now.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by ArcherDragoon on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Master Sergeant USMC
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Very Honored Reply with quote

Very very honored to have two caches nominated for Cache of the month!! Thanks so much to Red_Devil35 and tonkaMN for taking the time to nominate these adventures.

I am new to Minnesota (well, seven months now), and could have not found a better geocache community to land in. Plus, a new map is always awesome!

More caches coming!
Master Sergeant USMC
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Honored Reply with quote

Master Sergeant USMC wrote:

I am new to Minnesota (well, seven months now), and could have not found a better geocache community to land in.

So many great people on this site, all willing to help or just have fun together. Great bunch indeed
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to BOTH of the February 2013 Cache of the Month Winners!!!
The February 2013 Cache of the Month Winners are…
Regular Cache Icon GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous
...and...
Multi Cache Icon GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp

Regular Cache Icon GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous by KBayNPapaBear
Nominated By: Boreal Walker
The cache is located in a nice park in Burnsville and is a fun one. The cache is well designed and makes you think through the solution. It is not as straight forward as it looks at first sight. If you haven't done this one yet, I would recommend traveling out to get it.

Multi Cache Icon GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp by Master Sergeant USMC
Nominated By: Red_Devil35
It is a great park, and a great hike. I have been thru this park twice now, and enjoyed the views, and the wildlife both times. While many cachers won't walk that far for only one smiley, it is totally worth it for those that are up to the challenge!

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of the time and date of the post prior...the vote count was as follows:

GC39K7Z: Trycacheus Containerous - 6
GC42K79: Hike With Me: The Louisville Swamp - 6
GC40TD6: Go Deeper and Go Higher - 3

I went to close down the poll "officially" after creating the Congratulations Post and Content on the front page. Someone was able to get an extra vote in. I state all this as I am not about hiding any details or causing a conspiracy...

I typically close down the thread before posting all the congratulatory info...this time I plain forgot and an extra vote got it. Keep in mind...because of how polling works (or in some cases doesn't work) I typically have the poll last a day past the last day of the month...but I make note of the results the 1st day of the new month and close the poll. This time I forgot that last step (closing the poll).

As for deleting the poll...and making look like I was trying to hide something...it was just a plain accident (clicking way to fast). The "results" as of (no later than) 8:25am on Friday, March 1st are listed above.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: