MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - January 2013

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for January 2013
GC397WG: Tons of Sex
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
GC41AF7: A Sticky Situation
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - January 2013 Reply with quote

Your nominations for January 2013 Cache of the Month are:

Regular Cache Icon GC397WG: Tons of Sex by 3forner
Nominated By: 15Tango
Despite the name, this is a family-friendly cache! I've been meaning to use it as a milestone find for quite a while now - I run the GSAK macro that generates a nice version of my find stats I can post on my profile that lists my milestones, so now every time someone looks at my profile, they'll see Tons Of Sex! On Sunday, 2 December, the stars finally lined up - it was a gloomy Sunday, so I knew I could go to downtown Minneapolis and practically be the only person there, I was due for my next milestone, and I didn't have any other caches on my radar for a milestone find. I can't really say too much about the actual cache without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't found it yet. All I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised by this cache, and it wasn't really what I was expecting for the area. It has already been nominated before for COtM, and nearly 1/3 of the people who've found it have given it a favorite point.

Regular Cache Icon GC41AF7: A Sticky Situation by mnjake1
Nominated By: Sharknose Bunnies
I've got enough finds now that I don't often see a hide that I haven't seen before, but this one caught me off guard. It's a very cleverly done cache that deserves some love and attention.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.

Last edited by Draconisdax on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a reminder...this thread is for voting and sharing your experience of the caches listed...it is not to be used to discuss the "validity" of a nomination (AerosmithPA's post is correct in the prior thread). Posts that do not adhere to the intent of the thread will be deleted...if you want to discuss the Guidelines for Cache of the Month...there is already a thread for that purpose...

Thank You,
ArcherDragoon
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations mnjake1!!!
The January 2013 Cache of the Month is Regular Cache Icon GC41AF7: A Sticky Situation

Nominated By: Sharknose Bunnies
I've got enough finds now that I don't often see a hide that I haven't seen before, but this one caught me off guard. It's a very cleverly done cache that deserves some love and attention.

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: