MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-January 2013

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-January 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for January of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for January 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (December 31st).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango would like to nominate Tons Of Sex GC397WG by 3forner for January's Cache of the Month.

Despite the name, this is a family-friendly cache! I've been meaning to use it as a milestone find for quite a while now - I run the GSAK macro that generates a nice version of my find stats I can post on my profile that lists my milestones, so now every time someone looks at my profile, they'll see Tons Of Sex! On Sunday, 2 December, the stars finally lined up - it was a gloomy Sunday, so I knew I could go to downtown Minneapolis and practically be the only person there, I was due for my next milestone, and I didn't have any other caches on my radar for a milestone find. I can't really say too much about the actual cache without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't found it yet. All I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised by this cache, and it wasn't really what I was expecting for the area. It has already been nominated before for COtM, and nearly 1/3 of the people who've found it have given it a favorite point.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
15Tango would like to nominate Tons Of Sex GC397WG by 3forner for January's Cache of the Month.

Despite the name, this is a family-friendly cache! I've been meaning to use it as a milestone find for quite a while now - I run the GSAK macro that generates a nice version of my find stats I can post on my profile that lists my milestones, so now every time someone looks at my profile, they'll see Tons Of Sex! On Sunday, 2 December, the stars finally lined up - it was a gloomy Sunday, so I knew I could go to downtown Minneapolis and practically be the only person there, I was due for my next milestone, and I didn't have any other caches on my radar for a milestone find. I can't really say too much about the actual cache without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't found it yet. All I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised by this cache, and it wasn't really what I was expecting for the area. It has already been nominated before for COtM, and nearly 1/3 of the people who've found it have given it a favorite point.

Cool. I'll second that nomination, since I nominated it last time. Very Happy
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, finally a cache is nominated that I have found. I can vote this month.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate A Sticky Situation for Cache of the Month.

I've got enough finds now that I don't often see a hide that I haven't seen before, but this one caught me off guard. It's a very cleverly done cache that deserves some love and attention.

Linkie:
http://coord.info/GC41AF7
Delkan1066
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the nomination for "Sticky Situation". That one was cool!
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Tons of Sex is out of "action" ? (sorry couldn't resist)
ZDogCru
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to give "A Sticky Situation" GC41AF7 a third nomination. It went beyond traditional geocaching to a dark and devious place. Thank goodness MN Jake is using his talents for good instead of evil! Can you imagine the chaos if that mind was not used for geocaching, but something wrong and dangerous? Most creative cache I have seen in a muggle filled spot.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Sticky Situation is a good cache and it's on my short list to do very soon. But campaigning already? Wink
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Tons of Sex is no longer eligible, I thought we should have a little bit of competition for this month.

I would like to nominate Trycacheus Containerous by KBayNPapaBear. The cache is located in a nice park in Burnsville and is a fun one. The cache is well designed and makes you think through the solution. It is not as straight forward as it looks at first sight. If you haven't done this one yet, I would recommend traveling out to get it.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Since Tons of Sex is no longer eligible, I thought we should have a little bit of competition for this month.

I believe Tons Of Sex is still eligible. What will make a cache ineligible are:

Multiple nominations by individual member,
Self nomination,
Temporarily unavailable or archived caches,
Board, webmaster, or moderator rejection based on content.

A dnf and/or needs maintenance log does not and should not disqualify a cache. That makes it way too easy to eliminate unwanted competition.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I found all three of these great caches. A tough decision awaits me.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay folks...I was out sick all last week...not "serious" but enough that I was out of contact for 7 days...

I will get this all back on track momentarily...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: