MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Points
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/TkVlbJ_TThc
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

After all this talk of favorite points, it occurred to me that I should probably go through ours again. We had 14 unassigned ones that had built up from our latest power caching. So, I sorted our found list by most favorited caches to see if there were any we wanted to award but didn't have the points for at the time, and there were quite a few actually (mostly from the West Bend Cache Ba$h trails of amazing caches). I also noticed that 10% of the caches we've found have at least 9 favorite points and 4% have over 20, so we do tend to seek out our fair share of great caches, which must be why we love it so much! Very Happy
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanLisaKayla wrote:
Smile

After all this talk of favorite points, it occurred to me that I should probably go through ours again. We had 14 unassigned ones that had built up from our latest power caching. So, I sorted our found list by most favorited caches to see if there were any we wanted to award but didn't have the points for at the time, and there were quite a few actually (mostly from the West Bend Cache Ba$h trails of amazing caches). I also noticed that 10% of the caches we've found have at least 9 favorite points and 4% have over 20, so we do tend to seek out our fair share of great caches, which must be why we love it so much! Very Happy

I've earned a total of 693 favorites. I've awarded 228 and have 465 remaining. Wink
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am leaning towards leaving the favorite points for historical purposes. I like sorting our finds by favorites as a way to get an update and shifting points screws that up.

In case anyone cares:
We are sitting at 649 finds.
When sorting our finds by favorite points, the 31st has 50 favorite points (roughly top 5%), the 65th has 23 favorite points (10%), and the 129th has 10 favorite points (20%).
I am seeing why we are always out of points...
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmittfamily wrote:
I like sorting our finds by favorites as a way to get an update and shifting points screws that up.

Can you explain what this means? Maybe there is something else cool that we can do with our points/finds that I haven't figured out yet. For example, I would like to be able to see how many points a cache has alongside whether or not WE favorited the cache, but I haven't yet been able to figure out a way to do that... I can only see our list of favorites and sort our finds by how many total favorite points a cache has, but can't figure out a way to see the two together...

schmittfamily wrote:
I am seeing why we are always out of points...

Yup... Same problem here, and not even as heavily weighted on the % favorited caches as you!
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it means I didn't express myself very well. I like to monitor activity on caches we have done. Rather than watch list a whole bunch of caches, I scroll through our found list. So I commonly sort our found list by total favorite points. So the same as what you described.

It also probably means that we need to get some hides so I have something better to monitor.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are running out of favorite points?? I still have 184. So should I feel extra bad now if schmittfamily or RyanLisaKayla find one of my caches and don't favorite it? Wink
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
People are running out of favorite points?? I still have 184. So should I feel extra bad now if schmittfamily or RyanLisaKayla find one of my caches and don't favorite it? Wink

I have 1,165 remaining - Shocked
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:

We've found 8 caches of yours, of which 4 have >3 favorite points and we've favorited all 4 - so no need to feel bad Wink
schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:

Yes , you should. Very Happy

By my count we have favorited 7 of the 24 pfalstad caches we have done. That isn't enough in my opinion. I consider us fortunate that pfalstad does his hides (that aren't in CA) in our neck of the woods. Actually, what got this started was I was considering shifting the favorite point I gave Geoclue - show me the ropes to Avian waste theory. Just one more cache and we should be good.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:

So I feel extra good that you have favorited several of my caches. Wink
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

So I feel extra good that you have favorited several of my caches. Wink
We gotta keep Faul happy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: