MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lonely Caches.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Lonely Caches. Reply with quote

I am trying to justify a claim to have found lonely caches that are lost for 1 through 12 months. It is quite tedious to poke through my "found" PQ. I would think a GSAK macro would do the trick, but it has to dig out lots of information to do it.

Any ideas. I've looked into the problem some on the interweb and the macro I got doesn't work.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lonely Caches. Reply with quote

PCC322 wrote:
I am trying to justify a claim to have found lonely caches that are lost for 1 through 12 months. It is quite tedious to poke through my "found" PQ. I would think a GSAK macro would do the trick, but it has to dig out lots of information to do it.

Any ideas. I've looked into the problem some on the interweb and the macro I got doesn't work.

I am assuming that you are talking about Forgotten Cache Challenge: Minnesota Style. If you read the entire page, the CO gives you a macro to use at the bottom.
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boreal Walker. I knew of that macro, but I didn't do it right. Looks like I have to let the logs update run for about a week. Or else I limit the number to much less than the macro writer suggests and see what happens.
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the lonely caches macro that Boreal Walker pointed out, and it doesn't seem to want to run. I made a data base with a small number of waypoints, and updated the logs to a number I know would include my log and a previous one. When I run the macro, it seems to return right away without doing anything, and the columns that should include the data are empty or 0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: