MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A family affair
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a number of family members who cache because we introduced them to it. We are the most obsessed cachers in the family, but we have introduced my oldest sister and her three kids, my other sister and her oldest daughter, my mom, my wife's aunt, my cousin and his wife along with their two kids, and my father in law to it. Out of those, only my sisters and their families as well as my cousin and his family really have cache much apart from caching with us.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom and step-dad cache because I introduced them to it - they have a couple caches they hid in So. Cal. that others keep an eye on that still get quite a few visits. When they pass through the Cities and visit, we always plan at least one caching excursion, or plan other events around a cache we can get (i.e. the last time they visited was International Earthcache Day, so we went and got a couple of those, and I discovered Anoka actually has a real downtown!). Now they're retired to Big Sky, Montana (where I grew up) which isn't a really cache-dense area, so they don't do too much geocaching. My mom still logs her finds, but not my step-dad. He did get into the benchmarks, but I think his interest waned along with Groundspeak's interest in benchmarks. My sister will take my nieces out geocaching once in a while as well, and I also took them caching when they came out here to visit.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an only cacher...though I did get my dad to come with me a few years ago before his parkinsons got too bad
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In approximate order of participation:

Me in MN
My bride in MN
My daughter in PA
My son-in-law in PA
My daughter in CA
My first granddaughter in CA (loves trading trinkets)
My son in MN (does his girlfriend count? Hhe'd be about here in the rankings)
My son-in-law in CA
My second granddaughter in CA (goes along for the ride but doesn't know what it's about)
My third (mystery) grandchild in PA has not had the opportunity to be introduced to us or geocaching yet.

Austin
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a text from my brother in St. Cloud today, with a pic and text saying "my first geocache". Six siblings, SIX geocachers!

Caching Family:

My wife- joaljazz
My son- teentechie
My son- Microhunter
My brother- Bobby and Annie
My sister- mksnoopy
My brother- DeerCreekers2
My sister- Team Yettobenamed
My brother- JbAkaJohnie
My niece- EscapedfromND
My nephew- FelixKnightrider
My cousin- pindroppers74
My cousin- turtle tracker
My cousin- ndcpa1984
My wife's nephew- TrapCache

Edit: Adding FelixKnighrider

Last edited by AerosmithPA on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started with us all together (hence the name).....but then Steve decided to go out on his own...so now he has his own handle. The kids will each get their own handle at 13 (old enough to log their own). ..so will add 4 more to the equation. My nephew (active duty Air Force) and his family in Texas have tried it....not syre handle or how it went. We tried to get my motger in law interested, but I don't think she is as much as we want her to be. Lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: