MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did you get that name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I don't remember where my handle came from.. Sad

I always had a hard time pronouncing it!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:

If I didn't have 3200 finds to worry about I'd change it. but I am not relogging that many caches. Crying or Very sad
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:

If I didn't have 3200 finds to worry about I'd change it. but I am not relogging that many caches. Crying or Very sad

I thought one could send an email to GS and they would change it for you and it would automatically change all of your finds to your new name.
Surfer Joe
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunganator wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I thought one could send an email to GS and they would change it for you and it would automatically change all of your finds to your new name.

That's true. Just email contact@geocaching.com and tell them that you want to change your account name.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I thought that pronouncing it was fairly easy..... let's try it!

bah... art...

bAh.... art

BART!

Very Happy
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfer Joe wrote:
Bunganator wrote:
bflentje wrote:

That's true. Just email contact@geocaching.com and tell them that you want to change your account name.

I was under the same impression as Bart, that changes were no longer allowed. Is emailing all it takes, or are there other hoops to jump through?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
Surfer Joe wrote:
Bunganator wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I was under the same impression as Bart, that changes were no longer allowed. Is emailing all it takes, or are there other hoops to jump through?

I believe they removed the ability for people to do it through an online form to discourage people from changing their names to some degree, although we've had a number of folks in the MnGCA that have changed names (Gilby comes to mind immediately).
Dances With Beehives
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me all it took was one email inquiring about the possibility, and next thing I knew, I got an email..."Ruderat contacting Dances with Beehives."

Anyway, here's my story;

While fetchin’ a canteen I’d stashed for my ‘turn trip f’m ol’ Foat Wuth, I'd got startled by an ornery flock o’ bees ‘at had me a hoppin’ & slappin’ like some mad fool.
Ever since, I’d become knowed as “Dances with Beehives.”
Given druthers, most folks jes’ calls be DWB.
dionesiamn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some interesting and funny stories here. I don't use this forum name when caching--we use a team name.

But, having stood in 20 below weather, trying to hold a pen with thick gloves on, I've learned the best piece of advice to give someone who wants to start caching is: PICK A SHORT NAME!
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was introduced to geocaching while visiting the girlfriends family up in hibbing over easter holiday. i saw that there were a few in my home town but needed to make an account to get the coords, so i had to come up with a name, well i am a male and i live on willow street, hence manfromwillow. not all that original but it gets me the coords. been addicted ever since, a few weeks after creating my account i thought of another name, thanks george...
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body is a name I use on a few other forums I frequent. It come from General Motors A-body platform of cars in the 60's-70's. All the true muscle cars of that era were the A-bodies. The Chevelle SS396, the Pontiac GTO, The Olds 442, and the Buick Gran Sport were all A-bodies. I own 2, a 67 GTO, and a 66 SS396 convert.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Where did you get that name? Reply with quote

Lyverbird wrote:
So there is 40 below wind chill and I'm bored. Saxton asked a question that I'll repeat here, it could be to see the answers.

Where /How did you get your handle, caching name, nick name or what ever you you care to call it. I'll go first.

The ponies are in Annandale. In the barn tonight, I hope. They were when I left them. There are 2 Morgan Horses and a Tennasse Walker / Shetland cross. There used to be another Morgan, but he died quite unexpected last summer. The team name came about when we (Mom Dad and two girls) started caching and decided to always leave poinies of some kind, in caches. However the endless supply of toy poinies quickly dried up. When we find a new supply though, we do still leave them. One of our travellers games in the future will be a pony race to the trails I used to ride on in England, from the ones we ride now. We're just waiting for the state parks to let caches in. I already have dibs arranged with my local park manager.

My personal "Liverbird" name is pronounced Lyverbird. It comes from the statue birds on top of the Liver building in Liverpool, England. In England girls from Liverpool are knowen as Liverbirds. I come from a village not to far from Liverpool.

Bumping this thread to the top, as it just passed it's third anniversary since a post to it. There has been plenty of turnover in the organization so it would be interesting to see what people have to offer now. Here is my post to this thread of 12/3/05...

"We know nothing about Aerosmith except the lead singer is Steven Tyler. The first cache our team found it was I (Steve), and the oldest child, Tyler. We found the cache and decided we better come up with a name fast. Since we were working with Steve n Tyler, we got the Aerosmith thing. But the younger team members, Patrick and Aaron need to be included also. AerosmithPA sounds better than Steve-n-Tyler, Patrick-n-Aaron."

The boys have now moved on to other things, or other caching names. (Team) AerosmithPA is now just one person.
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw this thread pop up, I thought I had responded, but started at page one, and read them all again. I didn't realize til the end I was the one that crashed it 3 years ago.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I adopted a big orange cat and needed a name. After talking it over with my son, we decided to name it Rusty. My son was a big fan of Rusty Wallace.

Years later when I needed a caching name I decided on Rusty. That was taken so I added nails as it went well together. After I started caching people made comments about a drink with the same name Shocked . I had no idea about this drink as I don’t drink liquor.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell you all how I got my name but I don't want to bore you. My other sock puppet name is more exciting, Jimmy something or other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: