MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three Rivers Guidelines Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected. Here's the response from Marlene.

1) Yes. Each cache should be .25 miles apart from one another. (New guidelines 2010)

2) All stages of all caches should be .25 miles apart.

3) A dirt road is not considered a trail, unless it is noted as a trail on our district map for that park.
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed on the submission sheet that you can mail or fax it. Are you able to e-mail submissions to Marlene? If so,what is her e-mail?
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
I noticed on the submission sheet that you can mail or fax it. Are you able to e-mail submissions to Marlene? If so,what is her e-mail?

I have emailed her with my permits and she was ok with it.

"Marlene Witucki" mwitucki @t threeriversparkdistrict D0T org
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this today. We are even linked!
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Three rivers procedure Reply with quote

So, if I want to place a cache in three rivers - I pick a spot within guidelines, mail in the registration, get some kind of notification back? (Mail? Email?). And then post for gc.com reviewer? Do I need to submit proof of the approval and if so how? Any past experiences on how long three rivers tends to take?

Thanks!
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Three rivers procedure Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
So, if I want to place a cache in three rivers - I pick a spot within guidelines, mail in the registration, get some kind of notification back? (Mail? Email?). And then post for gc.com reviewer? Do I need to submit proof of the approval and if so how? Any past experiences on how long three rivers tends to take?

Once you pick out a spot within the guidelines I would suggest creating a cache page (but don't enable it for review yet). This indicates to the reviewer that you're in the process of obtaining permission should another cache be submitted nearby.

You can email the permission in, and you'll receive an email back (provided that you give them a reply email - usually it comes within a couple of days I think). For Three Rivers the reviewers will also receive a copy of the email from Three Rivers, so just indicate in a reviewer note that the cache was approved by Three Rivers.

Once you have the permission then finalize the cache page and enable it for review!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this one:

Code:

There is no maximum limit to the number of geocaches placed within a specific park; however, geocaches must not be placed within .25 miles of another geocache.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pain. I don't live near any Three Rivers parks but if I did, no way I'd put that much effort into it. Hiding a good cache is enough work the way it is.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it was very smooth and painless compared to the permit process my city park system used to have (no more, thank goodness) which often took weeks and was very frustrating. For Three Rivers I submitted a very simple form online on Friday afternoon and had an email permit in my inbox by Monday morning. I'd prefer no permits too, but if a parks system is going to have a permit process, I'd say Three Rivers does a good job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: