MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Boundary Waters Double Tour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: 2013 Boundary Waters Double Tour Reply with quote

Doublemoose and I have a pair of events in the works for this coming year located in the boundary waters. We'll be looking to guide those interested in visiting Mystical Dolman Rock and Kelly-Jack, each destination being on a separate day with the event venue being the destinations themselves.

We'll be looking for a point on the calendar, either a Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday, that can accommodate any geocachers interested in attending. We KNOW for sure that it will not be in the dog days of summer. We're aiming for before June or after August.

Consider whether your interested or not and start thinking about the possibility of completing the MN Virtual Challenge.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on hitting those two next year anyway. Sat/Sun works best for me, depending on the weekend, might be able to get Laura (no name) to come with. Hopefully this won't fall on a drill weekend.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Saturday/Sunday as well...between the two times...Prior to Summer works much better then after...but I could make after work as long as I can plan for/around it...
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very interested. The later in the year the better so I would be fully back in action after double knee replacement surgery after the first of the year. I only have a handful left to complete that challenge.
salsman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color me interested. I have no schedule preference.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salsman wrote:
Color me interested. I have no schedule preference.
Do I have to stay within the lines?
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in! and hopefully I can plan around it -- After Aug works best for me, and you could get the fall colors! spring is too busy with fishing opener, memorial day, spring event, etc.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team_geomonkey wrote:
I'm in! and hopefully I can plan around it -- After Aug works best for me, and you could get the fall colors! spring is too busy with fishing opener, memorial day, spring event, etc.

I would personally be aiming for September. That way I will be warmed up and ready following the 6th Annual Canoe-in Geocaching event.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just going to put it out there to be selfish. I have drill September 5-7, so would be unable to make the shindig if it is held that weekend. Depending on the set-up of the events, might just camp out in the BWCA that weekend. Plenty of camping oppurtunities around there.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
I am just going to put it out there to be selfish. I have drill September 5-7, so would be unable to make the shindig if it is held that weekend. Depending on the set-up of the events, might just camp out in the BWCA that weekend. Plenty of camping oppurtunities around there.

I am keeping notes.. I like September. For me, it doesn't matter which weekend at this point. If the weekend BEFORE is Labor Day weekend, that might be ideal for not missing as much work.

My plan is, if Sawbill has electric, which I don't think it does, I'll be camping there. Otherwise, I'll probably drop the camper at the nearest state park which will probably be Temperance or Tettegouche. Cascade does not have electric sites. I suppose if I got my hands on a gas stove between now and then, I would not need electric.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, We're interested. We'd hoped to do that trip this year, but it just didn't work out for us. Maybe with enough advance planning, we can make it work next year. Having someone along who's already done this would be awesome. We could probably pretty much do anytime that works for the majority. We did a BWCA cache last year near the end of September and it was gorgeous as far as the colors.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere somehow I thought I saw something about emailing someone else...doublemoose maybe?....if we were interested in doing this trip. Can someone tell me if I remember correctly? Thanks!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Doublemoose and I were discussing the idea of arranging this adventure. We have not discussed the possibility in a few months. I would only be available late August or September if I were to be involved.
accordiongal
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested!

Jean
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August/Sept might work well for me. I'd really like to go if my knee and hip replacement recoveries have gone well. I intend to get back to 100% asap so I can do just this type of stuff again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: