MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GSAK Macro on cache page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: GSAK Macro on cache page Reply with quote

Hello,
Someone created a macro for one of my challenges (GC3RWEG Challenge: Titles!) and they emailed it to me in case I wanted to provide it to others. What is the best way for me to do that? I don't see a way to include a download on the cache page. I know there is a way to upload macros to the gsak library and then I could just post a link to it, but I would feel uncomfortable doing that when I'm not the one who wrote it (and I'm wondering why the original author didn't just do that in the first place and send me the link), so I'm just wondering if there is another way that I'm not aware of.
Thanks!
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropbox or Google Drive (and Microsoft's SkyDrive, etc. etc.) allow you to upload a file and set it to be shared publicly. They'll provide you with a link to distribute the file, and you can publish that link on your cache page.
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of these things but will look them up. Thanks!
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropbox worked slick - thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: