MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Download from GC.com to Garmin GPS help needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Download from GC.com to Garmin GPS help needed! Reply with quote

I'm trying to download a few caches directly to my Garmin 62 from the cache page. I have Garmin Communicator's latest plug-in installed but when I go to load the cache it finds the device but then I get an error message saying it can't load the waypoints. It says I might need to download the latest install. When I test it the message says everything is working properly. Any suggestions?
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I can think of is the memory full?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked. I haven't been loading pq's through GSAK since I lost my battery charger for my laptop after my last trip to the cities for the fantasy football event. I've been loading onesie twosies when I go somewhere around here but I'm headed to Hinckley this afternoon for the boys football game and wanted to find some on the way. What I did find by checking what was loaded on there though was an error message that said my gps wasn't connecting right. Not sure how it made a difference because Garmin Communicator said it could load and tested my gps so it was connecting to something. I was able to get it to connect to download one and then the next one it didn't want to and I got the same waypoint won't load message. Monkeyed around again and it connected. It doesn't seem to be a physical connectivity issue but rather how it's connecting. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion as it steered me to a direction that helped!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMN Nice to hear from you. How is it going?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
EPMN Nice to hear from you. How is it going?

Going okay. The house remodeling is slow going. First had to get 3 20 yard dumpsters filled to clear stuff out. Still finding stuff we missed as we go along. Part of the slow going is my knees. Surgery isn't until after the first of the year. I plan to be at the fall event so I can catch up with everyone there! Thanks for asking!
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Download from GC.com to Garmin GPS help needed! Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
I'm trying to download a few caches directly to my Garmin 62 from the cache page. I have Garmin Communicator's latest plug-in installed but when I go to load the cache it finds the device but then I get an error message saying it can't load the waypoints. It says I might need to download the latest install. When I test it the message says everything is working properly. Any suggestions?

Hi Carol, do you have the right tab selected when the download link opens up? It says DeLorme, Magellan, Garmin, Falk. Make sure you click the Garmin tab and it should work for you.

-TWS
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try re-starting your computer? If that doesn't work you could try resetting your GPSr to factory defaults. Those have both worked for me when I have had problems loading pq's on my Oregon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: