MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TB log deleted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: TB log deleted Reply with quote

I got an email notifying me that my log for a TB I moved back in 2009 was deleted. I tried looking at the username to see what the deal is and there aren't any logs from the user since 2009. The profile on the link in the email shows it as "Peace B W/U" I click on that and it automatically goes to user "Archived2012". Anyone have an idea what this might be? It was for a TB that I legitimately moved and not one that I just "discovered".
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: TB log deleted Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I got an email notifying me that my log for a TB I moved back in 2009 was deleted. I tried looking at the username to see what the deal is and there aren't any logs from the user since 2009. The profile on the link in the email shows it as "Peace B W/U" I click on that and it automatically goes to user "Archived2012". Anyone have an idea what this might be? It was for a TB that I legitimately moved and not one that I just "discovered".

What is the public TB code?
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not matter, logs on TB/Coins can get delete by the owner, for any reason they want. They will not be restored --- End of Story --- This has been debated and Sandy (of GS) has closed all topic.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still be interested in looking at the TB page...
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TB log deleted Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:

TLXY2E9
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought was that maybe the cacher passed away and the profile was being removed by Groundspeak by maybe the families request? Not sure how they would do something like this, with a cacher passing away. It doesn't look like the cacher has any hides from what I could see.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the TB named D or H (whatever) when you had it?

My guess is it's someone grabbing TBs to relaunch. Do you remember if it was one of the original 6 digit tags?
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=9dfe137b-3dab-4c05-8517-de0a7e30696c

Picked up a traveling companion, Marvin Moose TB

Quote:

Have a "kid" in Kid's Companion and this was her first geocache. She just loved it.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TB log deleted Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:

TLXY2E9

That code didn't work (I'm guessing it's the code to your archived log), but I found the TB:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=3fa4a44a-6f4e-4415-b7fa-1133a54ded30

The user has 11 total bugs, most look like they've been cleaned up of logs. I'm guessing the user changed their name between deleting the logs and your visiting of the profile page, since the profile link points to the account, regardless of the name on the account.

I think KB is correct - I'm guessing they're being prepared for relaunch. Groundspeak wouldn't delete the logs if the cacher passed away.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Was the TB named D or H (whatever) when you had it?

My guess is it's someone grabbing TBs to relaunch. Do you remember if it was one of the original 6 digit tags?

It was named C

Show Details FROM:Geocaching TO:loneeagle_24@yahoo.com Message flagged Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:05 PM Your log entry for the listing C (Travel Bug Dog Tag) was deleted by Peace B W/U at Thursday, 30 August 2012 16:04:49

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://coord.info/TLXBKG4
Profile for Peace B W/U:
http://coord.info/PR1A54D
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Do you remember if it was one of the original 6 digit tags?

When did the alphanumerics start? This one has a release date of 13 Oct 06...
msrubble
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. Same owner, same travel bug. I had moved it twice, so I got four log deletion notices.

The tracking code was not 6 numbers.

The travel bug was called "Church Key" when I moved it.

I'm a bit miffed that this cacher wiped out all records of other geocachers helping them.

Meanwhile two notes have appeared on the TB's blanked page. Owner quit game, says to keep it if you find it. But will it do anybody any good?
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just weird. I assume their caching name wasn't archived2012. It looks like they actually deleted all their finds as well but they still have souvenirs from 3 states. Unless that is something GC will do for you when you want your account removed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: