MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What constitutes a find?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason to delete a log for not signing it. Found cache couldn't get to it though. If you are physically unable to get to my cache, or send your kid up the tree. No smiley. It is not my fault, please ignore these caches.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Another reason to delete a log for not signing it. Found cache couldn't get to it though. If you are physically unable to get to my cache, or send your kid up the tree. No smiley. It is not my fault, please ignore these caches.

+1

I've deleted several of those in my lifetime. If a cacher cheats he/she should really just keep their mouths shut.. as I usually don't audit my caches.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:

I know of a particular cache of boreal walkers i had to just leave a note on cause technically i found the cache but didn't feel safe getting to it so i didn't sign the log. it technically isn't a find (didn't sign the log), but i wouldn't classify it as a DNF either cause ! did find the cache so I just logged it as a note.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
Boreal Walker wrote:

I know of a particular cache of boreal walkers i had to just leave a note on cause technically i found the cache but didn't feel safe getting to it so i didn't sign the log. it technically isn't a find (didn't sign the log), but i wouldn't classify it as a DNF either cause ! did find the cache so I just logged it as a note.

Ditto.
"I can see it, but I am alone, and I'm not going to try to get up there without someone handy to call 9-1-1!"
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once went to the Fleet Farm on a whim while caching in Rochester just to buy a 26' ladder so I could do two caches in the area.
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nooooo! How can I get a smilie without a logbook to sign? Smile

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1BE91

RonGerth
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
WestSideDaddy wrote:
#6 was broken writing utensil.

Ahh - he added that after I quoted the original post.

I don't think I'd accept that either. You should be responsible enough to bring a writing utensil - I know I've found my fair share of caches that I could not log as I didn't have a pen (and I've made my fair share of trips back to the car to get one)...

I once had a guy go out onto an active paint ball course (my cache was hidden in a park right by it) and get a paint ball and use it on my logsheet. It was a cache where you had to cross a creek and since it was spring and the mountain water was going so it was fairly deep, very cold and fast and (worst of all) his wife was with him so she was giving him "the business" for taking their truck across the creek in the first place I gave him credit for it.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:

I'd log it a dnf. It's a find if you can sign the log and a dnf if you can't sign the log in my book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: