MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save the Date - August 11th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
And he will point out every single water tower you pass for all 800+ miles.

Aww sweet! My son used to announce all water towers while in the car when he was 3-4ish. He's 21 now and pretty normal! Very Happy Happy memories. Wish I could go with, just for that experience, but alas I will be hosting out of town company. Have fun!!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
And he will point out every single water tower you pass for all 800+ miles.

Aww sweet! My son used to announce all water towers while in the car when he was 3-4ish. He's 21 now and pretty normal! Very Happy Happy memories. Wish I could go with, just for that experience, but alas I will be hosting out of town company. Have fun!!

You mean it's not normal for adults to announce water towers on road trips? I told my wife that I was normal, but it turns out she was right all along...
Girldog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
I'm bringing an iPod full of AC/DC, hope that doesn't spoil the mood! Smile

I've got the kid - you know that drive to Fergus Falls will be a Highway to . . .

Anyway . . . one week 'til the AWESOMEST ROADTRIP EVER!!!

A highway to Nemo, or Birds, or maybe even Animals?? Smile

I think he should go with us on the bus. I might need a break from the grownups! Laughing

I will warn you - he can watch the same movie over and over for at least 24 hours. And he will point out every single water tower you pass for all 800+ miles.

I will warn you - he can watch the same movie over and over for at least 24 hours. And he will point out every single water tower you pass for all 800+ miles.

My dad can watch the same movie so many times we never want to see (Top Gun, Red River or My cousin Vinny) ever again. so 24 hrs isn't bad.
Wink
and our family will point out deer, hawks, eagles and sandhill cranes, so water towers will just be an added bonus. Laughing
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

Oh my...
Looks like a morphed lower half of Texas!!! Y'all have fun now, ya hear??
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked all my caches you have on the list and all are good to go. i even have a few new caches that i hope to get published in the next few days along your route from dawson to granite falls.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
I believe this Magical Mystery Tour at two stars is underrated. Considering the Hard Day's Night and The Long And Winding Road. A Yellow Submarine would have been nice, but I do have a Ticket To Ride in a nice van. Something tells me I'm going to find a few cool caches With A Little Help From My Friends. I better end this now and Let It Be as I'm looking like The Fool On The Hill. Very Happy

The last event is 4 stars...but I am open to suggestions...and bribes!!! Wink
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:

Looks like the devil.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I checked all my caches you have on the list and all are good to go. i even have a few new caches that i hope to get published in the next few days along your route from dawson to granite falls.

Will this be added to Boreal Walker's book list? Thanks

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=6f255e9c-1508-4e0d-b385-9f353da810c7
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=6f255e9c-1508-4e0d-b385-9f353da810c7

i will hopefully get them submitted tonight. one of them is even planned as a letterbox for those that might be interested in that.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
loneeagle_24 wrote:

As far as these caches being listed on BW's bookmark list. I guess that is up to him, and the rest of the group with them. There are 4 new caches that I have submitted. All should be less than a mile from the planned route.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girldog wrote:
Quote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
I'm bringing an iPod full of AC/DC, hope that doesn't spoil the mood! Smile

I've got the kid - you know that drive to Fergus Falls will be a Highway to . . .

Anyway . . . one week 'til the AWESOMEST ROADTRIP EVER!!!

A highway to Nemo, or Birds, or maybe even Animals?? Smile

I think he should go with us on the bus. I might need a break from the grownups! Laughing

My dad can watch the same movie so many times we never want to see (Top Gun, Red River or My cousin Vinny) ever again. so 24 hrs isn't bad.
Wink
and our family will point out deer, hawks, eagles and sandhill cranes, so water towers will just be an added bonus. Laughing

I love water towers. I wonder how many will be benchmarks?!
theodellfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so looking forward to this trip. I got my cache err cash in hand! Thanks for saving me a seat! Laughing
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.twincities.com/ci_21221005/mike-lynch-no-moon-will-mar-this-years

Code:

The annual Perseid meteor shower is one of the celestial "Old Faithfuls," showing up every August. It's one of the best meteor showers we have every year.

Last year, a full moon washed out much of the show. That wont' be the case this time around. On Saturday night and Sunday morning, Aug. 11-12, when the Perseids will peak, the sky will be darker because a thin crescent moon will rise in the eastern sky after 1 a.m.

Amateur and professional astronomers debate which meteor shower is better -- the Perseids in August or the Geminids in December. Sure, the Geminids boasts more meteors per hour, but the Perseids have better weather. And this year, the show is on a Saturday night, with no workday the next day. (Although you can see some shooting starts from 2 to 5 a.m. throughout the week.)

As always, if you can get into the country and away from urban lights, the show will be better. Without light pollution, you may be able to see 50 to 100 shooting stars per hour
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be able to see them better if you shut the headlights off as you drive...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: