MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-August 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-August 2012 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for August of 2012. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send ArcherDragoon or I (msteffel) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) SendArcherDragoon or I (msteffel) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for August 2012 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (July 31st).

Last edited by msteffel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: The Vault Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate carxman's The Vault for August 2012 Cache of the Month.

Maybe this one already has been nominated previously, but I'm surprised it hasn't won yet. It's been out quite a while now, but is a fantastic and fun field puzzle that is expertly executed and accessible to all.

It's got 89 favorite points on it, which makes it the third most favorited cache in Minnesota, behind only The Sword In The Stone and Mall of America Cache IV. Its time has come! The Vault for August 2012 COTM!

Last edited by Sharknose Bunnies on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diehard50248
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Vault! Reply with quote

I second the nomination for The Vault. It is very deserving of all the recognition and the favorite points it has received. If you haven't found it yet, make the trip. You won't be disappointed. In fact...you should take a friend. You'll be glad you did. It's a wonderful experience.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Boreal Walker's 300th Hide. Saying too much about this one would give away the surprise, but it took several of us well over a year to complete it after we found the first stage. Lots of work went into this one and it deserves some recognition!
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate The Gauntlet - Child's Play by Seldon

GC2T2RB

This is a well executed 6 stage multi in the beautiful Canon River Wilderness Area between Northfield and Faribault. Like the title says, child's play, all the stages could be completed by a child yet still challenging for an adult. It involves a 3 mile hike, and approx 3 hours of your time, but talk to anyone that has completed the "gauntlet" and all will agree that this is a must do. There are also 2 other gauntlet multi's in this park along with about 30 other caches so there is plenty to do.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: