MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TB at the Olympics??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: TB at the Olympics?? Reply with quote

Hey there!!

Just thought I would let you guys know that last July, my family and I released a TB with the goal of getting to the Olympics this year. The specific goal can be seen here: London 2012 or Bust.

To date, I have spoken with the cacher that is currently holding it MANY times. He has found someone who MIGHT (request here to cross all fingers, toes, eyelashes, and eyebrows...and send a few hopeful prayers as well) be willing to take the TB to the Ceremonies tomorrow night. He himself will be going to Track and Field on the 6th...will be around the Olympics on the 5th to take some pictures of it on an Olympic adventure. It has already seen the Olympic Torch run past Smile. As I get a collection of pictures, I will post them...as I am sure he will be posting some pics to the page itself in due time.

There is a TB out there started from Washington, but it seems it is a bit different than ours....at least it has taken a bit of a different tour. I will post on here if it DOES make it...and then post again after it has had it's time at the Olympics. I thought you guys would want to know, as not only is this an American TB going to the Olympics (just a matter of when), it is one from Minnesota.

Last edited by pattenclan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
pattenclan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an update this afternoon. The person who was supposed to take it, got banned from taking it via hubby. He was concerned about taking it for security reasons...which is a valid concern (tho as every good cacher knows, a keyring just gets thrown on a keychain and away you go Very Happy ). There is still quite the adventure planned for our little TB, including a day at Track and Field....which is at the same Venue as Opening Ceremonies. I am a little upset it didn't make it to the Ceremonies, but it's all good. At least it still gets to participate in them Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: