MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commercial Caches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gat R Done
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navychief98 wrote:
Gat R Done wrote:
Quote:
Cache owners can include basic information about the location on the cache page, even if it is a commercial location. Event caches, like other geocaches, cannot be published if they do not meet the commercial cache guideline.

It's still OK to include the venue's name for an event. Just no links or endorsements, as has always been the case.

Gat R Done, would you and MN: Fruitcake please elaborate on what an "endorsement" is for us party planners.

Statements like "Best Pizza....", "Best price...", "service is great here......", My favorite......", etc. would be endorsements.
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gat R Done"]
navychief98 wrote:
Gat R Done wrote:

Gat R Done, would you and MN: Fruitcake please elaborate on what an "endorsement" is for us party planners.

Statements like "Best Pizza....", "Best price...", "service is great here......", My favorite......", etc. would be endorsements.

Is the use of a logo advertising or endorsement? Example, if I were hosting an event at McDonalds, could Iuse the Golden Arches on the page?
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navychief98 wrote:
Gat R Done wrote:
navychief98 wrote:

Is the use of a logo advertising or endorsement? Example, if I were hosting an event at McDonalds, could Iuse the Golden Arches on the page?

No. Logos would be prohibited at any time.

This (older) post clarifies it some, and I'm not aware of anything that would change it:

http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77513#77513
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN.Fruitcake wrote:
navychief98 wrote:
Gat R Done wrote:
navychief98 wrote:

This (older) post clarifies it some, and I'm not aware of anything that would change it:

What's the difference between stating the name McDonald's and the use of the Golden Arches? They both advertise the commercial business.

The explanation in that old forum just creates confusion and contradiction...
MN.Fruitcake
Minnesota Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navychief98 wrote:
MN.Fruitcake wrote:
navychief98 wrote:
Gat R Done wrote:
navychief98 wrote:

What's the difference between stating the name McDonald's and the use of the Golden Arches? They both advertise the commercial business.

The explanation in that old forum just creates confusion and contradiction...

Assuming we're still discussing events vs. other caches:

The purpose of stating McDonalds for an event page is so that people know where the event is. In some instances the coordinates are not as useful for restaurants (ie. those in a mall etc). Some latitude is allowed for events to allow you to list the venue for informational purposes. To list the logo doesn't serve this purpose in the same fashion though - the logo (other than through a very indirect way) doesn't tell people where the event is like the name and/or address.
navychief98
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see ... Thank you sir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: