MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - June 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for June 2012?
GC3FWJJ: Lodge Cryptex
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
GC3EHXK: Highline
34%
 34%  [ 19 ]
GC33ZEB: BYOB
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - June 2012 Reply with quote

Your nominations for June 2012 Cache of the Month are:

Mystery Cache Icon GC3FWJJ: Lodge Cryptex by woodtortoise
Nominated By: sparkyfry

A lot of effort went into making this field puzzle, and it was tough and very clever. Really enjoyed the FTF party on this one.

Regular Cache Icon GC3EHXK: Highline by EskoClimber
Nominated By: NeverSummer

This cache is amazing! From the preparation for a hunt, to the preparation it took to get it placed, this is a winner! The location is something wonderful all on its own: beautiful hike in along the St. Louis River, and a view of the river like you won't see anywhere else, that's for sure! On top of it all, Esko places some great, fun, challenging caches. (The guy also happens to be a hoot to cache with) This cache is one of the most challenging I have ever taken part in finding, and knowing what it took to hide it is worth some recognition as well. With 6 favorites on 11 finds, I'd have to say it's a great nomination for cache of the month.

Regular Cache Icon GC33ZEB: BYOB by Jaklimber
Nominated By: Gurojo

The seemingly simple cache will probably fool you at least for a while. The craftsmanship of the device is incredible. Jaklimber has created many notable caches but this one stands alone. If you read some of the logs you'll see that I am not alone stating that this is my all-time favorite. Be sure to visit jaklimber's other cache just a short walk away.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.
mnnorske
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: BYOB is the Best! Reply with quote

BYOB is a great cache . . . it has all the elements that make a cache memorable! I like the fact that you need to walk a ways to get to it and that it's nearby Jaklimber cache, "Not for the Birds" is also a great cache. BYOB is my new all-time favorite. My wife and Daughter and her 1 1/2 year old son found this together. I haven't seen my daughter so excited as she was when she discovered what the "B" was. My grandson laughed and we all did a happy dance! A great family experience.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crikeys! Highline is one I will never do but I'm just stunned by this one. WOW!!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
Holy crikeys! Highline is one I will never do but I'm just stunned by this one. WOW!!

While I failed two weeks ago because of the swelling St. Louis River, this one is on my shortlist to do in June (if the river is back to normal).
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
dornole wrote:

While I failed two weeks ago because of the swelling St. Louis River, this one is on my shortlist to do in June (if the river is back to normal).

If anyone is interested in doing this with me, and helping me test my trolley, feel free to PM me. If June attempt fails, next available attempt would probably be in September.
Giffordpirates
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: BYOB!! Reply with quote

I LOVED this cache more then any we have done. I had to really think about what the "b" was. Once I figured it out....had the WRONG "B". Lol. More then a cache, loads of fun. My kids loved it too. I was sad once we figured it out. Jumping jack is equally as cool.....
Kacher82
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: BYOB Reply with quote

The other two look good too, but BYOB is the only one I've been to, and it's certainly worthy of a vote. I like the kind of puzzle involved.
Diehard50248
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: BYOB Rules Reply with quote

I was in the Rochester area today so I visited one of this month's nominations - BYOB. It was a woot hoot of a cache. Look at my log for additional details. It just doesn't get much better than this one. The part that strikes me the most is the simplistic look of the cache upon approach. As I made my approach I was thinking "What's the big deal?". It took a few minutes for everything to click. Jak is back!!!

I've heard and seen many cool things about Highline too, but this time around BYOB gets my vote. If you haven't gotten it - go get it! When you're there be sure to check out "Not For The Birds". It was almost equally as cool and clever. These two combined with the handful of other memorable JK caches make jaklimber one of my favorite overall hiders.

Jeff / Diehard50248
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff, you a politician in your spare time? Wink
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Jaklimber!!!

The June 2012 Cache of the Month is GC33ZEB: BYOB

Regular Cache Icon GC33ZEB: BYOB by Jaklimber
Nominated By: Gurojo

The seemingly simple cache will probably fool you at least for a while. The craftsmanship of the device is incredible. Jaklimber has created many notable caches but this one stands alone. If you read some of the logs you'll see that I am not alone stating that this is my all-time favorite. Be sure to visit jaklimber's other cache just a short walk away.

Any other words of congratulations are welcome in this thread as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: