MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GEOCACHING GROUPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JABIE28
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: GEOCACHING GROUPS Reply with quote

Wondering where do i find where the geocaching groups are? I am fairly new and would like to join some of the groups. Smile
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: GEOCACHING GROUPS Reply with quote

JABIE28 wrote:
Wondering where do i find where the geocaching groups are? I am fairly new and would like to join some of the groups. Smile

What kinds of groups are you looking for?

Other than Week Night Caching (which is organized through the forums here) most any groups are pretty ad-hoc.

There are lots of event where you can meet other cachers, some hosted and sponsored by the MnGCA others hosted by other cachers.

You can usually find a list of events on the main MnGCA page, on the weekly newsletter from groundspeak or by searching for them on gc.com
JABIE28
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: GEOCACHING GROUPS Reply with quote

Looking for Weeknite caching groups. I know there is MNCC (Monday Nite Caching Crew) and FNC (Friday Nite Caching), but i do not know who to contact to join. Been to a few events, but have not been able to meet up with anyone that lives close to me.

What kinds of groups are you looking for?

Other than Week Night Caching (which is organized through the forums here) most any groups are pretty ad-hoc.

There are lots of event where you can meet other cachers, some hosted and sponsored by the MnGCA others hosted by other cachers.

You can usually find a list of events on the main MnGCA page, on the weekly newsletter from groundspeak or by searching for them on gc.com
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Week Night Cache (or Wednesday Night Cache as some call it) and for FNC keep an eye out on the forums in the event thread http://mngca.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

The MMCC is a group of cachers who go out on their own, not sure who/how to get a hold of them.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GEOCACHING GROUPS Reply with quote

JABIE28 wrote:

Come to the Breakfast Buddies in Hopkins on Saturday, lots of people will go out caching after that.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Westside said just watch the forums. The WNC and FNC are not a formal organization or club. It is open to any or all who show up at the appointed first cache at the designated time. The caches for the week will usually be listed on the forum.

Once you get involved with them some of them like to start early and pick up a few before the official start. After one or more caches for the evening comes the best part. Food and drink at one of the local establishments (attendance not required).

So just watch the forums and show up.

As also stated going to the Breakfast Buddies is a great way to start to meet some of the caches in the area. Recommended for sure.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNCC? If you meant MMCC (Monday Morning Caching Crew). I am part of that group. We are just a small bunch of caching friends that get together on a few Mondays for caching fun. We meet in the South Metro where most of us live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: