MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAUL BUNYAN TRAIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calgoldmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: PAUL BUNYAN TRAIL Reply with quote

WE ARE LOOKING FOR GEOCACHERS TO HELP WITH PUTTING OUT NEW CACHES ON THE PAUL BUNYAN TRAIL . THERE IS A FEW MILES DONE ALREADY FROM HACKENSACK TO PINE RIVER. THERE IS PLANS TO GO ON WITH SOME MORE CACHES. THERE IS 11O MILES OF PAVED BIKE TRAIL. CACHE THE VISION OF THIS TRAIL AND BE PART OF IT. Very Happy
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah.. now I will need to plan an extra day or two just to get up to bemidji. lol.
calgoldmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Lots of Trail Reply with quote

Smile That would be neat. If this trail gets done the whole 110 miles i think it would be the longest Rail to Trail Geocaching Trail in the USA. Lots of spots to pick from. Rolling Eyes
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! There were some busy cache hiders on this trail over the weekend. I am looking forward to spending some time in the area and on the trail!
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the trail on the map, very nice. Very Happy Looking forward to doing it sometime. Bike caching is a favorite.
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (along with leopold22 and doublemoose) did over 300 caches this weekend along these trails. Saturday was 200+ from Park Rapids to Walker and Sunday was 100+ from Hackensack to the north end of the trail. We had a GREAT time and we're looking forward to a return visit later this year.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Dennis wrote:
I (along with leopold22 and doublemoose) did over 300 caches this weekend along these trails. Saturday was 200+ from Park Rapids to Walker and Sunday was 100+ from Hackensack to the north end of the trail. We had a GREAT time and we're looking forward to a return visit later this year.

I like numbers but I think I would have been bored after about cache find #101.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Team Dennis wrote:

While I'm sure the caches themselves are perfectly fine, I think with that trip the entertainment value was to be found with the cachers rather than the caching.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Team Dennis wrote:

While I'm sure the caches themselves are perfectly fine, I think with that trip the entertainment value was to be found with the cachers rather than the caching.

True enough. I bet Doublemoose spent the weekend warming up his voice practicing his campfire song for the 06-29 event at Lebanon Hills.
Team Dennis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Team Dennis wrote:

True enough. I bet Doublemoose spent the weekend warming up his voice practicing his campfire song for the 06-29 event at Lebanon Hills.

Oddly enough there wasn't much time for singing. We were far too busy biking and caching.

And yes, doing this series on your own would be BRUTAL. It was easily more about hanging out with friends than it was about the numbers. But the numbers were pretty impressive.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are hoping to do parts of this trail later this summer (with the 4 year old). Any recommendations on sections to start?
jeffrae
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
We are hoping to do parts of this trail later this summer (with the 4 year old). Any recommendations on sections to start?

I would suggest not doing the section that runs east and west from Hwy 34 to Hwy 371 (GC3K27P to GC3JV13) with a 4 year old. It is very hilly and difficult to ride on a bike. The rest of the trail is old railway, and pretty flat.
calgoldmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing The Paul bunyan and the Heartland Trails are all done . There is 162 miles of trail with over 1000 caches . It is going to be a lot of fun this summer. We have even added some tree climbers. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: