MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7th grade geography in Duluth - June 4-6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: 7th grade geography in Duluth - June 4-6 Reply with quote

The Board received the following request for volunteer help:

Quote:
I teach 7th grade geography in Duluth, and would like to spend some time the last week of school (June 4-6) teaching the students how to geocache. I am looking for volunteers to bring their own GPS, who would be willing to teach small groups how to use it, and about geocaching, and then set up a cache with clues, for students to find. If time, you could help them set up a cache for another group. I'm at Woodland Middle School, so there are plenty of places, including our woods, to set up. I'm hoping to get enough volunteers so that I can have you work with groups of 4 or less. Here's how many people I'd need at these times: 8:15-9:00am--9 or ten volunteers; 10:45-11:30am--5 or 6. It would be great if you could coordinate the cache and clues.

Please contact Sue DeNio at susan (dot) denio (at) duluth (dot) k12 (dot) mn (dot) us
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec - Thank you so much for taking on this request. I really appreciate all the effort you put in to it and I hope you had a good time!
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good time...we had about 60 very enthusiastic kids. One was very urban and really worried about going into the woods, but was OK with it after. A few of the kids cache with their families...and one even came with her own GPS unit. So, we had the spectrum of experience levels of caching and proper tick removal, Laughing . It was also great to have 3 cachers come and help....Navychief, Laker2, and jtb0808.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: