MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Event 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamwood53
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in the PC business, and am a fairly experienced, and heavy GSAK user. I would be down for leading Beginner or advanced sessions for GSAK use, or even beginner puzzle solving? I am available for the whole day! What a great event, Count me in!!! Smile
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamwood53 wrote:
I work in the PC business, and am a fairly experienced, and heavy GSAK user. I would be down for leading Beginner or advanced sessions for GSAK use, or even beginner puzzle solving? I am available for the whole day! What a great event, Count me in!!! Smile

Thanks! We sure can use some good GSAK help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any amateur photographers out there? I think a session on geocaching photography would be fun; doesn't need to be limited to snapping photos of caches, but wildlife..what types of things should a caching photographer bring with them? Camera Phones, point and shoot, DSLR...any level is fine...even if your not an expert and just want to share some of your photos with the group to inspire them!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PCC322
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think something on advanced mapping would be good. Topics like KMZ, UTM, custom maps on GPSR, other coord systems, etc.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making some more progress, Reviewer Gat R Done has agreed to have a table and answer questions, that will be an excellent addition to the event.

Still lots of space open for other sessions, nows a great time to reserve a spot and have a pretty good choice of time slots.
TECGeoJim
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to attend and am willing to help where needed. Let me know.
TECGeoJim
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this event have a GC number, yet?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TECGeoJim wrote:

That's my plan for this weekend
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
TECGeoJim wrote:

That's my plan for this weekend

I have created the cache page and sent it to review, I'll post the link when it is approved.

We still REALLY need some help...we have almost no Advanced sections. If anyone out there has ever taken some photos while caching and wants to just do a slide show of some of the photos and talk about what worked well and what didn't...that would be a big help.

Also, every year, people want to know about puzzles...anyone who makes puzzles or loves finding them and can give some pointers, or tips on what type of things you look for when hunting a puzzle, that would be great.

As you can see from my post on the first page, we are only about half full on sessions.

Lastly, any cachers who would be open to sitting on the Geocachers Rountable let me know...this was a lot of fun last time, we had questions about GPSr, to how to find parking...the questions come from the audience...it's a lot of fun..

PLEASE HELP!!!!
MamaDuck-24
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count on me to help out wherever you need me.

(PS - Thank you so much for all your help today! I really appreciated it.)
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Event has been published!

http://coord.info/GC3MR12
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a class on trackables, and the creating of a coin or pathtag? I'm not volunteering, since I am about clueless, but I think a lot of people would like to know about that.

Last edited by Red_Devil35 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Making some more progress, Reviewer Gat R Done has agreed to have a table and answer questions, that will be an excellent addition to the event.

Still lots of space open for other sessions, nows a great time to reserve a spot and have a pretty good choice of time slots.

I can do PQs and creating a route.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving some thought to puzzles. Just not sure if I will be available yet. How long are the sessions?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
I'm giving some thought to puzzles. Just not sure if I will be available yet. How long are the sessions?

Sessions are 45 minutes long, but I bet that if you only have a little bit of content, you can just open it up to questions, lots of people will have questions. Let me know when you know if you can make it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: