MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a weeknight cache this week?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beautysleepangel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: is there a weeknight cache this week? Reply with quote

I am brand new to this site and see that there have been some week night cache times that people get together. Is anyone wanting to go out this week?? I have off all day Tuesday!!!
BTW, I have only found 56 caches..... so i am a newbie Laughing

thanks,
beautysleepangel AKA kristin in maple grove
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: is there a weeknight cache this week? Reply with quote

beautysleepangel wrote:
I am brand new to this site and see that there have been some week night cache times that people get together. Is anyone wanting to go out this week?? I have off all day Tuesday!!!
BTW, I have only found 56 caches..... so i am a newbie Laughing

thanks,
beautysleepangel AKA kristin in maple grove

Wednesday night caching usually happens in the South metro but can happen anywhere. You might find an occasional Friday night caching in the North metro.

Anyone can post a caching event on any evening. Itís best to find a few new hides to post, maybe 3-4. You get a better attendance because people will want to find caches they havenít found yet. Use the existing WNC/FNC post as your guide. And donít forget to add a place to eat and drink after. Thatís one of the best parts of WNC. Visiting and talking caching. Have fun with your new hobby. Happy Caching! Very Happy
beautysleepangel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

WNC/FNC post?? Where is that?
I can never find out when there are group caching going on.....
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't missed it; there hasn't been one posted in awhile
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found in my limited experience that they tend to fall off a little in the summer because people are on vacation, doing more with the kids etc... not to mention a lot of the draw is trying your hand at night caching, and you have to wait a lot longer for it to get dark this time of year.... not that that is a bad thing at all!

If you see a clump of caches you want to try to do with a group go nuts and post... usually about a week's notice is the norm, and pick a good nearby watering hole for the post-game revelry!
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sirzman.com/gc/WNCBrowser.cfm check this out in the general section and see all the places it has been held up to about a year ago. We went all summer and winter all around town any one post and cachers will show up it is easy but the south west is about used up but we travel invite us over to your neck of the wood
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

butcherandswimmer wrote:
http://www.sirzman.com/gc/WNCBrowser.cfm check this out in the general section and see all the places it has been held up to about a year ago. We went all summer and winter all around town any one post and cachers will show up it is easy but the south west is about used up but we travel invite us over to your neck of the wood

Thanks for the site reference, but I stopped updating the calendar 2 or more years ago...I asked if anyone wanted to take it over from me, but no one did, so it's a bit stale on data.

If anyone wants to keep it up, I'd be happy to help get it back up to current and teach you how to add stuff (it's pretty easy, just a web form with a few fields).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: