MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with gps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chotty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: problems with gps Reply with quote

I just got my Explorist GC from Cabellas on-line and have had trouble down loading caches from the geocaching website geocaching.com. It seems to get into an infinite loop. I want to have some fun and am expecting another geocacher for memorial day weekend. It seems the only way to get coordinates in is to download them. Is anyone got any advice? I expect Geek squad to unhelpful. Crying or Very sad
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a premium member? If you are you can create a pocket query and then download the pocket query file and transfer it to you GC.

If you aren't a premium member, then you have to download LOC files for each cache you want to find.
Manfromwillow
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have an explorist gc, it's not the easiest gps to load that's for sure, sometimes i still have problems with it. but just like wsd said, pocket queries are the way to go, way easier to load into the unit. good luck!
chotty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: re: gps problems Reply with quote

I am a techno phobe. I will try the pocket Querry. Thank you. I will post again if and when I get it figured out. Between my wife and I we may have a chance. Thank you again.
WestSideDaddy
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up I can't reccomend GSAK more strongly. I have an explorist GC and an Orgeon 450 and i use GSAK to load both of them.

You can load your PQs right inside GSAK and then simply click "GPS->SendWaypoints" and Bob's your uncle.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestSideDaddy wrote:
You can load your PQs right inside GSAK and then simply click "GPS->SendWaypoints" and Bob's your uncle.

huh, and all this time I've been using Export->GPX, save, blah, blah. Ya learn something new every day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: